Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in here shooting a McPherson 38 Special??
How do you like it and does the IBO rating seem to be accurate?
I see it scored in top 5 for quietest bows.
Thanks.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
The 38 Special is an AWESOME bow! They top out at around 280-290 (with regular 7-8 gpi not 5). It's hard to find a better bow! I shot an Anihillator for years and a Hornet. Pearson/McPhereson bows are VERY HIGH QUALITY! Now they have a LIFETIME warranty!

·
Registered
977 Posts
The 38 Special is as good a bow as any on the market. I have shot Pearson bows for years, and this is one of their finest. I have had pro's from various company's shoot the bow, and they too were very impressed. It's quiet, fast, has a nice paint scheme, and good shooting characteristics. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 38 Special is a great bow. I shot one last year for 3-D and had great results with it. Go to a local pro-shop and try one for yourself! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I had no problem getting ASA legal 280 out of my bow @29" draw length.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have been shooting the 38 special since last year;it is a great shooting bow.I killed four bucks with it last year.I'm getting 276 fps with my setup shooting a 390 gr. goldtip camo xt 55/75.The freedom is also a great shooter.Ca'nt go wrong with Pearsons

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I found a shop that has one in stock so I'm going to test shoot it this weekend. No time to waste deer season starts the 27 Sept. here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts