Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is becoming rather embarrasing, but yet again I need some advice. All this and I don't even have my bow yet. Imagine what should happen once it arrives!

I have made peace with the fact that I'll be shooting around a 31" arrow shaft out of my recurve. My poundage at my actual draw length will be somewhere around 46-49# if all goes well. I plan on using 130 gr BH. With this setup the Easton shaft selector recommends 2117s. I'm really not too keen on shooting these heavy puppies and having done several searches it looks like most of you get away with 2016 or 2018s at similar poundages. Is the Easton selector wrong or is the operator at fault here?

Which arrows would you recommend? (looking at 10 gr per # if possible)

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Yes, a 2016 is pretty close for that poundage at 31" long. Finished arrow with your broadhead should hit 10gr/lb.

For carbons, the .500 deflection would be right there as well at 31" long. But of course, they would only hit 8gr/lb... flatter-shooting, but more bow noise to tend with.

Much will depend on the your bow and it's setup... string type, brace height, and degree of center-shot. Many things will affect the dynamic spine, but you're in the ballpark for starters. Might have to experiment with a little longer or shorter, maybe heavier or lighter on the business end. But of course, that's what tuning is all about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts