Archery Talk Forum banner

Me and My Bear scored tonite :)

1865 40
Got to field test the new recurve tonite. Had a passthru and deer was down withen 70 yards. Blood everywhere,blind mans trail left by a Woodsman Head off of my 2008 Bear 55lb Kodiak Magnum. Broke the bows cherry tonight and was my first recurve buck. Looks to be only around 115 inches but was easily 200+lbs on the hoof. Thanks to my friends for helping drag and find. :darkbeer:

Arrow entered high just forward of center and punched out low center.. got lucky and caught the back edge of both lungs and punchd the liver. Still havnt recovered the arrow.
The entrance wound opened up to a crater.... Guess you dont need a big Mech heads to make big hole ,huh?!:wink:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,917 Posts
CONGRATS, Dave! Heckuva buck for for first traditional harvest. :thumbs_up I am going to try and do the same this year with my Morrison recurve and Silver Flames.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Nice

Congrats and nice job with the traditional gear. I'd be darned proud if I were you.

10,284 Posts
Way to go!

We`re all proud brother.... If you could only see the smiles around here:)
Thanks You!

Forgot to add: It was about a 17 yard shot.
Well I guess their not calling you "doehunter Dave" anymore,huh? LOL! :tongue: Congrats on a Great Jersey Deer their Dave! :darkbeer: J.R.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.