Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on a five day trip next week. I am debating how to handle the deer that we shoot(optimistic I know). The weather will be up in the 70's and 80's so i want to process the meat asap. I am thinking of bringing my vaccum sealer and cutting everything up and keeping it on ice. Curious what others have done and their results. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey mainwriter,

might do a search, there have been alot of recent threads on this.

good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Sounds like your plan of cutting, packing and getting on ice is a winner. Shoot a big one.:darkbeer:

·
Smoke check!
661 Posts
You don't even have to wrap the meat, just quarter it small enough to go into a cooler and keep it on ice and the drain valve open and you are good to go. It will keep for days upon days. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
wbweld0 said:
You don't even have to wrap the meat, just quarter it small enough to go into a cooler and keep it on ice and the drain valve open and you are good to go. It will keep for days upon days. Hope this helps.
Thats all you need to do.:thumbs_up Good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
One thing I do is to freeze water in 2 or 3 gallon jugs or Gator Aid bottles and put them in the cooler. They are bigger and they will keep colder, longer with the addition of ice and/or when ice runs out. Good luck and let us know about your trip when you return.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Dry Ice

If you can find a source dry ice tightly wrapped will take less space than ice, be more effective, and last longer.

Good hunting
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts