Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the end of opening day in Michigan and I had to take it. I was thinking it was a young doe but it ended up being a nubbin buck. (sucks for the QDA in me) Had I known I would have passed. Should be good eating. I caught it on it's way out of the cornfield snacking on the acorns that were dropping all around me. It never knew what hit it. I literally heard the MUZZY MX-4 crash threw the shoulder bone and it was sticking out the ribs on the other side. This deer dropped on the spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nice kill, but sucks that there goes a buck tag when you werent expecting that

·
Waiting on Season
14,910 Posts
Nice kill, but sucks that there goes a buck tag when you werent expecting that

you have to check button bucks in as bucks in MI? they go on an anterless tag in WV

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Last year i dropped a doe in its tracks opening evening. 30 minutes later what I thought was a huge doe was approaching and was 20 yards broadside. Thank god I took the extra time to check it out better because it was a big button. Honest mistake, no use in crying over excellent eats.

·
Registered
804 Posts
same thing happened to me today thought it was a doe but it was a button buck. still meat it the freezer. it will taste better than any old doe.nice and tender.:set1_cook2::set1_cook2:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
966 Posts
I also got my doe on the opening day here in Michigan. I hunt state land in a great big swamp. I saw 6 bucks but couldn't connect. But this 1 1/2 year old doe offered her self, so in the freezer she goes.

I used my restricted tag so I can still buck hunt with out having to worry about the point count. I still have my regular buck tag and my public land doe tag.

So good luck the rest of the season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts