Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tried them what do you think? I never heard of them till I saw the link at the top of the page.

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
shoot a PM to birddogg or redhookred1 - they are 2 of only a handful of national pro's here on AT for MT

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
They are actually pretty awesome shafts! I have used them an they work really well. They fly a bh great and are about as consistant as anything...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
mega

I am pro staff for megathrust arrows, I like them alot, I shot them all last year at every 3D shoot in my area as well as the rhinehart 100 and Worlds in Ellicotville NY, in MBO class. they are a very durable arrow, some of them have been shot hundreds of times without any issues.. I know alot of shooters feel that the slits in the back of the arrow sacrafise the integrety of the arrow, however I never found that to be true.. The only breaks I ever had were true misses where the arrow has hit either trees or rocks, which would break even the thoughest of arrows...
The cool thing is that you can replace fletchings without having to scrape and reglue shafts, same thing goes for their inserts No glue. they go in with a set screw wich is nice if you want to cut some off your arrow shafts.. you simply unscrew them pull the insert out, cut shaft and put back in.
also if you damage arrows, you can replace fletchings in field, and if you travel alot and hunt out of state, you can take the fletchings out and ship them bare shaft so that they dont' get crushed in shipping, and then insert the fletchings when you get to your hunting destination...
Also look for New fat shafts this year, and different spine choices!!!! for further info, send me a message, I will help however I can.... thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
mega

I am pro staff for megathrust arrows, I like them alot, I shot them all last year at every 3D shoot in my area as well as the rhinehart 100 and Worlds in Ellicotville NY, in MBO class. they are a very durable arrow, some of them have been shot hundreds of times without any issues.. I know alot of shooters feel that the slits in the back of the arrow sacrafise the integrety of the arrow, however I never found that to be true.. The only breaks I ever had were true misses where the arrow has hit either trees or rocks, which would break even the thoughest of arrows...
The cool thing is that you can replace fletchings without having to scrape and reglue shafts, same thing goes for their inserts No glue. they go in with a set screw wich is nice if you want to cut some off your arrow shafts.. you simply unscrew them pull the insert out, cut shaft and put back in.
also if you damage arrows, you can replace fletchings in field, and if you travel alot and hunt out of state, you can take the fletchings out and ship them bare shaft so that they dont' get crushed in shipping, and then insert the fletchings when you get to your hunting destination...
Also look for New fat shafts this year, and different spine choices!!!! for further info, send me a message, I will help however I can.... thanks

·
Registered
17,783 Posts
bowbuster on here shoots them very well,i got a three pack sample from them and set them up a couple weeks ago(cut em)the way they fletch up is obviously cool but i really like the inserts,no glue work like an expansion bolt,nice for tuning broadheads if you want them in a certain position.i shot mine right along side my maxima hunters and they grouped right with em out to 40 yards where they were slightly higher.they also have a mark on the shaft that is the high part of the spine so you can nok em spine up every time.if you dont wanna mess with fletching arrows these arrows are great.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
some of them have been shot hundreds of times without any issues
These arrows sound really cool, but is that a typo? I would hope all of my arrows could be shot hundreds of times without issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a dozen at a local 3d event. I was very pleased with the arrows, with the exception of the lack of spine choices (at the time). They were only available in 400 spine at the time and I simply could not get my 100 grain broadheads to fly consistently out of my 70/29.5 bow. However, when I backed it down to 90 grain field tips... I was glad I was using pin nocks (although I bent the hell out of a few of the pins regardless). I am very interested in their introduction of other spine options! - Craig

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Awesome arrow and an awesome company to boot.....

Sounds like a good arrow. What about pass throughs on deer?
I killed two goats and two deer with them and they had no problems what so ever, actually killed two animals with the same shaft. Just cleaned it up, put new fletchings on, new broadhed and back in the quiver it goes...
These arrows sound really cool, but is that a typo? I would hope all of my arrows could be shot hundreds of times without issue.
I can tell you I have 1000's of shots with mine with zero problems, I actually think they are more durable then my old CX 350's...

Like some have said, don't let the slits in the back steer you away from them.. They are strong and very accurate arrows with awesome features that no other arrow has.. Being able to refletch in seconds and also turn the insert the way you want on your brodheads, it's a big plus... The spine mark on the shaft is also a big plus, shoot it in the 12 o'clock position and every shaft is coming off the bow the same, huge plus with broadheads.....
If your going to the ATA show, stop in and see them. They have a shooting lane where you can see for yourself how well built they are.......:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
attn: Ruger

some people have concerns that the slits that are cut into the back of the arrow sacrafice the integrety of the arrow shaft making them weak, or brittle, maybe I should have elaborated on that in my original thread. However, after shooting them since last year, Most of my arrows have been shot at every local 3d shoot every sunday all summer long, the R-100, and qualifiers, worlds, connecticut state championship, without breaking. The only arrows that have failed, were clear misses where they either hit tree branches, or rocks..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts