Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First morning in my new Mellinnium M100u. Incredibly comfortable but I can't shift my weight without the stand making noise/popping. Stand is ratcheted down tight. Pretty sure it's coming from the some part of the seat or seat post assembly. Any suggestions to fix, sure would hate to send this la-z-boy back

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Most noise comes from stand to bark. Try putting a piece of a plastic bag in between the stand and the tree where the bottom part of the stand touches the tree. It's worked for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's metal to metal contact somewhere in the seat assembly or where the seat attaches to the post. Not sure if grease might help where the seat assembly pivots or even if that is the part of the seat assembly where it's coming from. Very disapointing

·
Registered
774 Posts
My brother just bought the same stand a month ago same problem spooked two different deer. I told him to send it back but he oiled all the connections with odorless oil is there is such a thing seemed to stop but for how long who knows. I would send it back I have cheap $30.00 stands that don't make a sound.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Definitely something going on, because I have one and it is dead quiet. I wonder if all the nylon/teflon bushings were installed during assembly?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wait before you send it back..... I had the same problem. Every time I would move it would make some kind of sound and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I put another rachet strap on it everything but just couldn't stop the noise. So I took it in my shop one night and loosened up on the bolts on the stand. Not much just backed off each nut just a little where the platform attaches to the part that goes against the tree. The noise stopped. I think that all the bolts were just so tight. Try this. It worked for me. I love it now but I was fed up with it before. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Stick it on a tree at ground level at home. Get someone to get in it and move around until they get it to make the noise so you can pinpoint it. If you can't get it to make the same noise then the problem was the installation on the tree. I had problems with one squeaking and found that the powdercoat was squeaking against the tree when I moved, roughed it up with sandpaper and no more noise. Make sure all of the teflon washers are installed where they are supposed to be, and if missing contact Mill and they will send you whatever you need.

·
Bowhunter
692 Posts
Mine just started making noise this year out in Ohio, it was driving me nuts. I know exactly what you're talking about. Everytime I would get up, it popped. If I got up so that it didn't, it would pop if I leaned on it. It is definitely something in the seat assembly. I'll be looking into it, as I think you should to. It has to be in the nut at the platform I think. I'll find it.... Good luck.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It could be that it is in a bind on the tree. Had one making noise this year for the first time and I loosen ever thing up and moved it a few inches and no more noise.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With some effort, spray, loosening bolts etc, I may be able to fix it but not something I feel like I should have to do and I certainly don't want to be constantly thinking about it every time I shift my weight, particularly at a critical moment. I don't doubt they are good stands as Millennium has a VERY good reputation, just some issues with this one. Will send back tomorrow. Oh well, these things happen.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anytime either of mine has made noise it has been an issue with my installation. When dropping the platform down it would bind with the cam receiver and make a pop when moving. I would just step back on to my ladder and do a giggle with the platform up. I have the chain BTW which allows an easy adjustment like this. I would get back on and then try to make the stand make a noise and it would be gone.

I have hung my two on at least 50 trees. It has always been OE in my cases… (Operator Error)

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
With some effort, spray, loosening bolts etc, I may be able to fix it but not something I feel like I should have to do and I certainly don't want to be constantly thinking about it every time I shift my weight, particularly at a critical moment. I don't doubt they are good stands as Millennium has a VERY good reputation, just some issues with this one. Will send back tomorrow. Oh well, these things happen.
So why go through the hassle of sending back if you can fix it in 2 minutes. Mine is dead silent. Listen to sfcbowhunter.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
i've hunted to of my m100u plenty with no noises. take it of the tree and put it back on. you might have not installed it right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts