Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A look at a mental pattern during an OR. I was watching this video over and over, watching different subtleties in these two girls shooting form and comparing them and also taking notes in my head on where my coach is trying to go with my shooting.

I watched Park, Sung-Hyun's eye's to see if she was keeping a tab on the clicker position on the arrow as she set into anchor, when I noticed something very cool and also very subtle.

She was blinking perhaps 1/2 second before her clicker would go, a slight eye movement and single blink that correlated with the clicker to an exacting time during every shot.

So I decided perhaps you might be intrested in seeing this. To me this seems like the height of mental apptitude. It was so exacting it must be on a subconcious level.

I found this cool indeed.:D Take a look. ;)

www.fisu.tv/videos/vid13117L.mov
Dylan

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
hmmmm-we could buy her LASIK and see if the pattern changes. That's what I call empirical evidence:D :D

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
She's wearing glasses. So why does she have contacts? Are the glasses non perscription?

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
speaking of eyes...notice how mary zorn closes her left eye but starts peaking out of it just as she shoots. and geezz that woman can hold like a block of granite.

:eek:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
MerlinApexDylan said:
She was blinking perhaps 1/2 second before her clicker would go, a slight eye movement and single blink that correlated with the clicker to an exacting time during every shot.
One could argue that it is useful to blink shortly before pulling through the clicker, and that this is something worth putting into one's shot sequence, along with breath control. (This could actually pick up a point every now and then, I suppose....)

kgk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I couldn't get the link to work. Did it work for anyone else? Wouldn't be the first time my 'puter played this game :(

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MerlinApexDylan said:
She's wearing glasses. So why does she have contacts? Are the glasses non perscription?
\

GT, could you please answer my question?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mike M T

It didn't work on mine either. Sometimes the still pictures don't show up on my 'puter either.

·
Registered
164 Posts
MerlinApexDylan said:
Well if GT is right, and she is wearing glasses this particular time then the obvious answer is that its just habit.

I wouldn't read too much into blinking.

·
Registered
719 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Mike M T

Top Cat said:
It didn't work on mine either. Sometimes the still pictures don't show up on my 'puter either.
You guys need QuickTime installed. Note the .mov extension. But if you go to www.fisu.tv you can find .wmv videos under Sport > Archery > <division>. You have to click on the little 'tick'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts