Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone owns or has looked through some meoptas? Looking at purchasing some 15's and trying to decide what brand to purchase. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I have a spotting scope that is awesome. Very clear and no eye strain. I gave up a vortex viper spotter because I liked the meopta that much more.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Purchased a pair 10x42s prior to a coues hunt in your neck of the woods earlier this month. All four of the guys I was with had Swarovski EL 12s. While glassing for bucks, we played around for a couple hours trading off between binos to do an in the field comparison. Everybody came to the same conclusion, the Meoptas were just as clear and sharp under the field conditions we were hunting on that day (dry and overcast). More importantly, having hunted Arizona with lower quality glass, I can attest to the significant improvement in how my eyes felt after a week of glassing with quality optics. The eye strain just does not happen.

Lastly, given the weight and difference in field of view between the 10s, 12s, and 15s - I would highly recommend the 12s as an all around great setup for Az. I have 15s and typically wind up using them to get a little closer look after I find something. Most of the time, I really don't even break them out of the pack.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,256 Posts
An excellent bino that can be found on sale for a great price

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
I have the Meopta 15's and the S2 spotter, and like them both very much.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Meopta is often over looked by the masses and they should not be. Great glass. I have two scopes I absolutely love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purchased a pair 10x42s prior to a coues hunt in your neck of the woods earlier this month. All four of the guys I was with had Swarovski EL 12s. While glassing for bucks, we played around for a couple hours trading off between binos to do an in the field comparison. Everybody came to the same conclusion, the Meoptas were just as clear and sharp under the field conditions we were hunting on that day (dry and overcast). More importantly, having hunted Arizona with lower quality glass, I can attest to the significant improvement in how my eyes felt after a week of glassing with quality optics. The eye strain just does not happen.

Lastly, given the weight and difference in field of view between the 10s, 12s, and 15s - I would highly recommend the 12s as an all around great setup for Az. I have 15s and typically wind up using them to get a little closer look after I find something. Most of the time, I really don't even break them out of the pack.
First, thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's really helpful with making a decision since I don't have a dealer close to actually look through them myself.

This post was also very helpful for in the field feedback here in AZ. I have a pair of Swarovski 10's but have been getting into coues deer hunting and 15's are a must for that. So thank you for your feedback!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I plan on buying the compact cabelas Euro HD, which are meopta.

I have 10x swaros, but would like some smaller, lighter, and less magnification for archery hunting the brush.

A good friend of mine had compact swaros, and compact Euro HD's, I trust his judgement, and he sold the swaros, and kept the meoptas. He thinks they are better than the lower tier swaros.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on buying the compact cabelas Euro HD, which are meopta.

I have 10x swaros, but would like some smaller, lighter, and less magnification for archery hunting the brush.

A good friend of mine had compact swaros, and compact Euro HD's, I trust his judgement, and he sold the swaros, and kept the meoptas. He thinks they are better than the lower tier swaros.
I know Cabela's is having a good sale on their Euro's right now. 250+ dollars off right now. 400 off the 15s

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you have a Cabelas near you it would be worth it to check the bargain cave for the Euro HD's. I was able to pick up a pair f 10x42s for $500 since they just changed the style on them this fall. Don't remember seeing any 12X but they also had the compacts for $350ish.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,173 Posts
Very high quality optics, and you can find them for smokin deals if you take your time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts