Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if my fellow Omega cam owners had discovered any preferences in fine tuning their set-up? What have you found on spine selection, cam position or any tricks you might have found. Thanks archerrj

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Archerrj-

You should get an instruction booklet with the bow. Set it up according to what it says in the booklet according to your individual configurations and drawlength. It has all been done for you.

Arrow spine selection will be very forgiving with this system. I can shoot a multitude of different shafts out of mine and they'll all tune basically the same. Nice!

I hope you enjoy your bow! Many others are enjoying theirs!;) Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
New String

Since I put my new string on I noticed that I'm barely in the marks they recommend but I haven't noticed any difference in how it shoots or tunes, but before the season opens I'm going to tweak it to get them back into the marks. Even set-up this way I don't miss a 3" circle out to 30yds (if I do my part) and 4" circle @ 40yds! As Pinwheel has noted this system is very forgiving of arrow spine, I love it.

Now only if it would shoot 285fps with a 400gr arrow @ 28.5" & 62lbs so I can cure my need for speed and quit playing around with speed bows, but hey that is fun too. he he :D :D

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Double Lung 'Em-

Drop 80-90 grains, add an eliminator button or speed balls on each end, and you'll get that 285fps at that drawlength. I get that with my Max 3000 Omega at the same drawlength and a couple of pounds less weight! Shoots great...;)

Of course, we all know it's fun to whip a screamer thru a chrono,:D but you always give to get when it comes to speed. I've gotten to the point where that aspect simply doesn't matter all that much to me anymore--- accuracy, forgiveness, and competitive speed are much more important to me than flat-out burning speed alone. We used to play with that way back in the 80's with far more forgiving bows than the speed bows of today! ( try this--330-340fps with 85-90lbs and a 200grain arrow out of a 41-44" ATA bow with 8-9" brace height! "Fastest bow" contests with even more radical setups putting three shots thru the chrono at around 425fps!!)

Yeah, it was fun, I'll give it that.:D ;) Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuning

Thanks PW12, I have the basics covered per the instructions, I was more interested in if anyone had found any differences, "tricks" or sweet spots with their Omega set-ups. I was curious because of some of the comments made about setting up (tuning) the Hoyt Cam & 1/2 system. archerrj

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Arcehrrj--

Two different animals are the Omega and the Cam.5, and one should not compare them because they offer totally different tuning characteristics. No, if you go by the info provided and stay within the range described, you will have a very accurate and forgiving system that will readily accept 12's, 11's, and X's with little trouble.:D ;) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

1 - 6 of 6 Posts