Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking some digital pics of the camo Merlin geared towards the bowhunter, so I thought I'd show it off a bit for those who may be interested. Thanks PW12 for another great bow! :)

Left side of bottom Omega cam:

Right side of bottom Omega cam:

Top Omega cam:

Top pocket:

Limb:

Handle:

Fullview:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Black Frog,

Pretty bow, especially for a hunting bow! But the question is......did she do her job for you yet? lol You definately picked a winner!

Good luck this season!

~Scoobs~

·
Registered
57 Posts
Black Frog
Ooooweee..that's a beauty :)
The camo colors are unique...would make a nice target bow too.
Can't wait to take delivery of my Super Nova :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll love your Supernova, I've been loving mine for over a year now! Is that "Hayabusa" as in the Suzuki monster?

I've only been in the woods twice with the Quest 35. But it's grouping Muzzy's super out to 40yds and all ready to go. Passed up a small 6ptr and a fork. Gotta be at least a nice 8pt to launch an arrow. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Black Frog

err..not exactly but it's my dream bike :)
It's Hayabusa as in Falcon...jap for it ;)
..cause my nick is falcon in other forums.

all the best with yr new "toy" :D

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Black Frog,

Great looking bow for sure.
Who makes the bow stand in your full length pic ?
Probably, one you built yourself. ;)

Sag.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Thanks, Black Frog!
Will check out the link.
I could use one of those too. ;)

Sag.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
black frog, great looking bow.. I've got three and love
em... especially the carbon limbs.. in your pics the
limb pockets and riser guard look bronze while the
cams look orange.. is this just the light or is it a
mismatch?... good luck this hunting season....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are those Omega cams anodized orange or is that the gold package under funky lighting?I really like that color would make a nice riser color

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got home and took a look. There is a slight difference in the annodizing color of the limb pockets and cams on my bow, but it is emphasized in the pics with the flash from my digital camera. Until you mentioned it, I never noticed it to look close enough. :)

No- it isn't their gold annodizing. I have that on my blue/black Supernova with gold hardware. I think they only offer this annodizing on their camo bows....

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Black Frog that bow looks sweat!!!!! If it shoots half as good as it looks you got a keeper.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
OOPPPSSS!!!! What kind of speed are you getting out of it?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speed really wasn't a major consideration when choosing my hunting bow, I don't need a barn-burner. I wanted something around 7.5" brace, around 35" A-to-A, and with a smooth draw.

I had been shooting Darton's CPS cams for my hunting bows the last few years, but wanted a new hunting bow just for kicks.

Brace on my bow is right at 7.75". Current draw is just a hair over 27". Current poundage is just under 65# on my scale which I consider to be accurate within 1 pound either way through the 30-70 range. I have string leeches installed on the string, along with a d-loop and two tied-in nock points.

402gr arrow = 248fps (ave of three shots, all within .5fps of each other)
328gr arrow (just over IBO) = 270fps (ave of three shots, all within .5fps of each other)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Merlin camo bows look awesome. I love the bronzed metal finishes. Its good to see they put a decent grip on their new hunting bows too. The old ones were too fat.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Very nice bow BF!!

They need to get the cams the same as the rest of the trim, though.

That speed is very respecable for your draw and a 400+ grain arrow.

I recently picked up a Hunters' Quest with Whisper cams and it has really surprized me with how it shoots. I got it for my father (he really needed to upgrade from his Bear Polar LTD...lol). I really like it as a hunting bow. I think the Omegas would be very nice.

·
Registered
984 Posts
RobVos said:
They need to get the cams the same as the rest of the trim, though.
I just saw a new one, and the cams were the same brown color as the limb pockets. I believe Merlin has this corrected. I will add, that I think this is the best camo pattern on a bow. All those dark camo patterns, stick out like a sore thumb. This one is the only effective camo I've seen on a bow.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I was watching Black Frog shoot x after x with that Quest last night. He did look pretty tired after 75 arrows at 65#'s, though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts