Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard anything about them in a long time. How have they done for everyone using them so far? Do you still like them or have you gone back to your old sight?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've got an Omega sight and am very happy with it. Simple to use. Nice microadjust on the 3rd axis and seems to be very durable. Would be nice to have a quick detach for the scope but for the price of this sight compared to others I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Shot the lining daylights out of mine..absolutely NO problems.

Perhaps this is why no one has mentioned them of late..
NO problems..:D

cheers

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
No problems with mine, and I've had it for nearly a year. IMHO, the 3rd axis adjustment is the best going. I have set it once and it has never moved, nor does it move when you tighten things up after getting it set.

Like others have said, for the price of it, the workmanship is typical Merlin(great!), and it is solid and rugged.

I, too, would like a better system to remove the scope, but do that and you'd lose that solid and easy 3rd axis adjustment.

I simply retract my sight back into the bow, and don't have any problems getting the bow and the sight into my bow case for transport on the short hauls. I would of course remove the site if I was going to travel on an airplane and check it in with the airlines, but other than that, I just don't take it completely off the bow.

field14:cool:

·
Registered
788 Posts
had mine 2 months now and haven't had to touch a thing since setting it up.i still check just to make sure everything is tight,and it still is.only thing i would have liked is a longer vertical bar so you didn't have to move to another set of holes for the indoor distances.but i'm being a bit picky as it is easy to do,the sight is worth every penny and has a lot going for it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mine has a tendency to come loose in the block and you have to check it all the time. The screws that hold the windage adjustment have also come loose a couple of times. other than that I really don't think it's better than any other brand that I own as far as overall performance.

Mike

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Mine is excellent also, I have had zero problems with it. It is very user-friendly, simple to set-up, and is compatable with the computer-scale programs. For the money, you cannot beat them IMHO. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. 1 kind of unsatisfied customer, 6 very happy ones. I guess you can't complain about that. I am just a little leary about buying without seeing one in person. But oh well if you guys are that happy with them they have to be atleast as good as a Tox or a Sure Loc. Right. I don't like my Tox but I loved my Sure Loc. I am just trying to decide between a new Sure Loc, Merlin and a CBE.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Be careful. If you buy a Merlin sight. You may feel the need to by a bow because of shear quality. So your sight may be more expensive then you first thought. :D ;)
Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a ? for pinwheel I have one of the first omega sites out and I bought it from a dealer near my home. It is the old style sight bar that were breaking on some people and my dealer will not replace it until it breaks. I havent hardly shot it because I every one I saw broke out of the first batch of sights and I dont want it to let me down at a tournament or just before one. Will they give me the new head without breaking the one I have now. I was told that they would by some merlin shooters that broke a few of the original design. I would like to use this sight for indoor season

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
If it's not broken, there is no need to fix it is there?;)

And if it does break due to a defect of the sight itself, Merlin will of course replace it. I have some sights here so if you need a front frame should yours ever break you can contact me, return yours, and have a new one in less than a week. Shoot it and enjoy it, you shouldn't be afraid of it because of what may have happened to anyone else, it is warrantied regardless. ;) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DYLAN

You don't have to worry about me shooting a Merlin bow. I don't like them I have shot them before (Nino had one). I like my Hoyts much better and then the Martins. But that sight does look like a keeper.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
You've shot the new ones, with the different cams?

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I haven't shot the brand new one. But I like Hoyts bows as a hole better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts