Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a metal D loop? I bought a new release , Tru Fire Classic Caliper, and it won't work properly with my string loop.

In its design, in incorporates an "auto load" feature where all you do is press the release onto the bowstring or metal D loop and the calipers close, instead of pulling the trigger,setting the jaws on the bowstring, and releasing the trigger to load it.

There is a little plunger on the back of the head that needs to be pressed so as to load. I could flip my finger into an ungodly position to manually close the jaws, but this is not practical nor quiet, as I am always cursing the string loop.

Are there any drawbacks to using a metal D loop?

I appreciate your inputs
Freakshow

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
It weighs a little more, and I find that they are noisier on release.

·
When's bow season start?
8,864 Posts
I used one with no problems, but when I switched releases (now shoot a Scott Mongoose), I switched to a string loop. After a year, I prefer the string loop (less noise, less release wear, no speed loss).

Brian

·
Registered
760 Posts
String loops are lighter, cheaper, work with more releases, don't clamp a flat spot in the serving, and are more adjustable. Most people who try both end up using the string loops.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you are shooting a hoyt tec bow I would not sugest that you use a metal loop. The loop was hitting the bridge section of the riser on my cybertec. It made a lot of noise and took a piece of the finish off the riser. String loops are much quieter. You should switch to the tru fire hurricane. It has a very smooth trigger and is made for a string loop.

Budman

·
Registered
374 Posts
Scott releases do not recomend using a metal loop with there releases. I have heard some other manufactures also do not recomend them. A cord loop is so easy. I like the Cir-Cut loop material. It stays stiff making it esier to load the release on the loop. Material can be bought on EBay search string loop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts