Archery Talk Forum banner

Metal D loops?

1940 23
Anyone use them? I was looking at a few of em at the local BPS, wanted to know what you guys thought of them.

What are some advantages and disadvantages?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
13,490 Posts
No NO NO use a regular d loop the metal ones can hang up your release

· Waiting on Season
14,938 Posts
i have never used one inquired about them and got bad feedback. bad string wear where they attach and cause erractic shots from what i was told. figured it was just best to keep it off my bow

· Registered
825 Posts
They are noisy to me also

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Steer Clear!!

· Registered
25,352 Posts
No NO NO use a regular d loop the metal ones can hang up your release
and the proshop gys said i was crazy. i had a metal one and every so often i would hit the trigger and the bow would take a little to go off and jerk like crazy. after i went to the normal loop material i never had it happen again

· Registered
4,421 Posts
I used to use them 5 years or so ago. They worked great for me, as long as I kept an eye on my release and the loop. They would start to wear the D shape part of the release and that is what caused a hang up. Never had any string wear issues, but again, checked it now and again to make sure it was tight.

The do exagerate poor form. Sincethey are solid, they will transfer any torque you put in the string with your release/draw hand.

· Registered
508 Posts
Had one once, don't have one any more.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Ok, I have to comment here. I have been using the metal ultra nock for probably 8 years and have not had any problems but my son has had some hang ups with his regular D-loop. I actually had to sand out his release to help the loop slip out when released. It may be a realease issue, but I have never had a hang up with my ultra. I know they will slow your arrow down some too, and I do have some string wear. I am by no means saying this is the way to go just giving my 2 cents.
I would probably go regular D-loop on my next setup though.

· Banned
3,149 Posts

· Registered
4,575 Posts
I shot one probably 11 years ago on a Jennings Buckmaster bow. I never had the issues with my release hanging up, but I started to notice marks and wear on the top of the loop and in looking around noticed similar marks on the back of my rest. The thing was causing the string to oscillate all the way forward and hit the back of the rest.

· Registered
30,547 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.