Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently re-positioned the peep sight and found my proper anchor point, but after all the adjusting my metal D-ring/loop is twisting the peep-sight (the whole string) and I can't see through it.
After every shot, it twists again, even if I loosen it off then tighten it back to the correct position. It's very frustrating so any help would be appreciated, it's putting me off shooting at the moment and I am only a beginner so I have no clue on what to do.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Personally i would get rid of the metal loop, and get d-loop rope. you may have to add or subtract a twist in your string to get the peep where you need it to be.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
WELCOME

Is the peep twisting while your drawing the bow???? if your metal loop keeps twisting its prolly cus the center serving is loose. would definitely get rid of the metal loop, and you may have to either replace the string or get center serving fixed if it is loose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELCOME

Is the peep twisting while your drawing the bow???? if your metal loop keeps twisting its prolly cus the center serving is loose. would definitely get rid of the metal loop, and you may have to either replace the string or get center serving fixed if it is loose
Yes after 'securing' it with it all straight and after I fire one arrow, it twists back around, so when I draw for a second shot the peepsight is crooked.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Get rid of the metal loop. They are hard on release jaws and noisy. We did slow motion video a few years ago and one would be surprised how far it makes the string oscillate. Get some good loop material and build a string loop. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
if its a new string, bow it might be that the string is stretching i agree with the above post ,,,take it off get a loop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the replies, I have a cord loop fitted and my problems are all sorted out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts