Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Archery is a large part of my life and I might be relocating to mexico city. What kind of hunting is done around there? I live in michigan which is great for that life and I know there's whitetails in mexico but where in mexico? Is there good hog hunting there? Can I tip over coyotes or maybe a jaguar there?

I need to hunt and shoot or I go mental.

-jordy

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Ouch, that is one place I would never want to live. I used to work with a guy who grew up there and still goes back every year. He said it is pretty rough there and they even bullet proof a lot of the cars there. Good luck and hope you aren't actually going to live IN the city.:confused:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch, that is one place I would never want to live. I used to work with a guy who grew up there and still goes back every year. He said it is pretty rough there and they even bullet proof a lot of the cars there. Good luck and hope you aren't actually going to live IN the city.:confused:
I'm not going to JUMP down there for keeps at first I'm making sure I'm getting flown down there by the company and to check it out for a week. Yea hopefully it's not in the city, screw crazy crime rates and all that stuff. Leaving the game that the states offer will kill me but if I make enough then I'll be booking canadian and US hunts anyways as well as hopping back to the stomping grounds in michigan to hunt with friends and family once a year.

Thanks for all the imput. I'll have to put a lazer guard system around my archery **** so any trespasser gets a hand left inside the grid

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dude ... Sucks for you ... Mexico has some though laws about hunting ... You dont need a permit for bows....theres lots of white tail .. But in the northern part of mexico ... Mexico city is not hunter friendly .... And do not wear gold chains around your neck or anywhere ... And forget about rings .. Theyll be gone before you know it ... If i was you i would sell my bow and spend the money to buy a bulletprof vest haha... No kidding.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,202 Posts
The people I know who worked in Juarez, Mexico, lived in El Paso and commuted. Did not live in Mexico. They liked Texas and I am sure they have some hunting! :)

Best of luck if you have to work down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts