Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this emailed to me, anybody know if it is true, pretty sad if it is.

Pictures from a DNR raid on St. Martin's Island off of the U.P. on Nov. 19th, 2009.

31 Bucks and 9 Does on the pole:eek:, nothing smaller than a 7. Approx. 10 deer, antlers, and heads found around the camp. Also, a smaller mix of bucks and does...

10 deer without tags, another 10 with wives/girlfriends tags.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: thats a ton of deer

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
this pic has been on here before, but don't recall if there was a story or explanation behind it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's been on before, I suppose the story I got is unlikely. But wow, what would you do with all that meat.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
they were just culling .... Now there's 1 REALLY big deer in dem dere woods.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Michigan Meat Hunters association. "killing tomorrows trophy today". You can even see hunlee in the background. No wonder why he didnt have a tag on the buck in the boat picture.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
YES it was on here last week and a couple other sites....
10 tickets were issued by COs for untagged deer....there were tags for the deer they just were not on the deer yet...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks for the rest of the story. Seems like everything is now settled. Sounds like a fun hunt to me.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
WOW!...thats the good 'ol days and then some!!! :mg:

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
That is alot of deer!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The genetics, age, and everything are so similar on those deer it almost looks fake. Thats just insane

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Meat camp in SC is not much DIfferent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Only lots of doe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Get tomorrows trophy ... TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looks like a good week

In spite of the tickets. I read the story. It looks like these guy have a great time in the woods. Lots of buck activity

1 - 20 of 30 Posts