Archery Talk Forum banner

Michigan Opener

884 24
Well any deer down yet?Been seeing any?I have to work all week and need some storys.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
138 Posts
I took wednesday off to hunt. Had a huge spike with Brow tines at 5 yards and was at full draw for 2 minutes on him but he never gave me a broadside shot without something in the way...

Was an awesome way to start the season...

i have all next week off to hunt...

· Registered
mathews vertix sub alpine,catfish bow strings
1,539 Posts
mi

I'm going friday night.my father in law went out the early doe and seen 6 bucks right where i put my stand.one which he thinks is a nice at least 8 point.i can't wait!!!!:tongue:

· Registered
949 Posts
Had a year and a half old 7 point at 20 yards opening morning, let him walk along with a few does and fawns. Haven't seen much since. Deer seem to be pounding the acorns and not moving much yet!!!

· Registered
1,110 Posts
I saw a absolute slob yesterday evening and this morning. I had him 40yds away both times. Main frame 10 with 12"g2s Prob. in the 170's.. Biggest buck I ever saw in the up. He is comming from a bed and breakfast that feeds the deer.. I'm sitting about a quarter mile away. The deer are going to and from a swap through a 100yd wide woods inbetween all the cabins.

· Registered
97 Posts
wind hasn't helped so far, dad stuck a 18'' wide 7 pt this mornin and i shot a doe this evening. Not alot of movement yet, alot of scrapes and rubs startin to pop up.

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Well, i havent even been yet, but i plan on hunting pretty much all weekend, and maybe tomorrow after work, not sure yet. Good luck to you all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.