Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to whether anyone has seen or gotten any of the feral hogs yet? Now that its bow season I figure a lot more of us are in the woods. I know there has been pics and stories of the pigs in Michigan. Has anyone on archerytalk gotten anything?

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts
I haven't gotten, or even seen any, but they were just talking about it on the news tonight. Apparently a bunch of them have been spotted just west of Ann Arbor in the area of Jackson Rd. and Zeeb Rd. The DNR is saying that as long as you have a valid hunting (small game) license you can shoot them.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You have to have a small game license? I thought I read any vaild licsense and you could shoot them on sight, gonna have to check into that.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts
Maybe it was "any" valid hunting license. I was kinda pre-occupied while I was listening..........

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't gotten, or even seen any, but they were just talking about it on the news tonight. Apparently a bunch of them have been spotted just west of Ann Arbor in the area of Jackson Rd. and Zeeb Rd. The DNR is saying that as long as you have a valid hunting (small game) license you can shoot them.
would that be anywhere near pinckney?

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,162 Posts
Have never seen any on the land I hunt on. In the county I live on I believe last year they shot a few. I think all you need is a valid hunting license.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My in-laws have a big ol produce farm just north of Pinckney. We haven't spotted any or heard of any in the area. In one aspect I would love to shoot one on the farm, but I also don't want them to get on the farm and tear stuff up. There was a report out of Midland this spring about a group of piggies destroying 28 acres of freshly sprouted corn in one night. :mad:

I would be curious if any of the Michigan AT'ers have even gotten a glimpse of one in person or on a game camera?

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I have not seen any.

BTW, the NRC is considering a reg change to not even require a hunting license.
Dan

·
Hard hits, short trails!
76 Posts
My buddie's son shot 130lber first weekend of season near Standish. The pig looked like a full blown Russian boar.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I saw 2 last year, at the edge of a bean field. I couldn't get close because of the wind. Before I could get back with a rifle they were gone.

Montcalm Co.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bring this thread back to the forefront.

My wives Co-workers friend shot this feral pig last Sunday (26th) in the Manchester, MI area. Sorry about the picture quality my wife had to scan them at work. I was told that it weighed 200lbs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts