Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rules or licenses required to cut others deer for a fee?

Prices are getting outrageous. I have quite a bit of experience, and have looked into it so I think I could do a straight cut for $50.

I could use the extra income :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Make sure your boss gets a discount:mmph:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Probably would be governed under the Department of Health since your dealing with food for consumption.

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
Might be an issue come tax time.

·
Registered
455 Posts
better wear a hair net:laugh:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I do my own but I think last year they were getting $150 to $170 per deer in this area. Some of those folks are eating very expensive meat! One guy couldn't have got back more than 30 lbs of meat from the doe he took in. That's $5.00 per pound not including tags, arrow, or and of the other equipment purchased to pursue it.

Some people are prolly eating $50 per pound deer burger.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I dont think there are any laws. Deer are not regulated by the health department. The guy who does mine dosnt have any special licenses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I do my own but I think last year they were getting $150 to $170 per deer in this area. Some of those folks are eating very expensive meat! One guy couldn't have got back more than 30 lbs of meat from the doe he took in. That's $5.00 per pound not including tags, arrow, or and of the other equipment purchased to pursue it.

Some people are prolly eating $50 per pound deer burger.
Crap that is expensive a lot people around here are complaining $55.00. Why do people pay that much? I have cut mine for years but when I don't have time I will have it cut up. For 170.00 you could easily buy your own stuff and have enough to rent a butcher for lessons.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I dont think there are any laws. Deer are not regulated by the health department. The guy who does mine dosnt have any special licenses.
Wouldn't they consider you a meat locker or butcher. It may be different in MI. but in IL. butchers have a license on their wall.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Crap that is expensive a lot people around here are complaining $55.00. Why do people pay that much? I have cut mine for years but when I don't have time I will have it cut up. For 170.00 you could easily buy your own stuff and have enough to rent a butcher for lessons.
LOL I never understood the whole processing deal. I would hate to know what that venison is costing per pound by the time you added everything together. It might be cheaper for some to buy the butcher & the equipment. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts