Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready basically, just need time.

I was going to go out, but i picked up an account that would like for me to take care of them on thursday. Have to make money! I have to take care of them now and then soccer practice in the afternoon will screw that up also. Darn it.
Maybe sunday afternoon

i put out a stand on the inside corner of a bean field and some hardwoods. Usually see action, just not big reasons. Small 6pts. typically

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Close

I'm almost ready. Got my treestand in the woods but need to practice from it still. Weather is going to be nasty the next 2 days so I probably won't get out today.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
all ready for the most part could use some more MONEY !! i have a couple things i still need. hunting sports are all set up and ready looks very good. good luck this season Michigan hunters !!!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'll be out after work. Can't wait. The best hunting is still a month away but it will be great to be in my stand bow in hand.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have Thursday and Friday off!!!My son cashed in on the youth hunt with his first deer a 6 point so I already have backstraps on the grill!!!:darkbeer:Can't wait till Thursday morning!!!:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
was supposed to start a job in north carolina this week but looks like a big delay coming up there, thats good bad. now i have no plans for the next two weeks, guess i'll be up a tree thursday morning and the entire rest of the weekend also!
good luck to all ya folks and stay safe!
john

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
pressure's off

I just picked up my doe from the processor from the early doe season - nice to have the pressure off before the normal opener.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My opening day is Friday p.m. Weekend agenda as follows:

Friday a.m. head up to my cottage
Friday p.m. bow hunt
Saturday a.m. bow hunt
Saturday mid afternoon Michigan / MSU
Saturday p.m. duck hunt
Sunday a.m. bow hunt
Sunday p.m. head home

:clap::clap:

·
Registered
270 Posts
opener

Setting up camp on Wednesday and not leaving till Monday night.My first five day hunt in about three years so its going to be fun.Good luck to all.

Brian

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Im ready and pumped even more than usual. I think its because I had shoulder surgery and had given up on this year. Bad news deer Im back:nyah: just not shooting much pounds yet. We have some good bucks on trail cameras and the food plots are doing good. Now I gotta figure out what stand for Thursday AM? GOOD LUCK to you:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Heading North Wed. morning. Will be ready for Thursday morning. Will be using Magnus Buzzcuts for the 1st time. Hope I get to use them.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sets are hung camo is washed and hanging in the apple tree along with my boots and harnes, bow is tuned and dead on, and the weather looks great for Thursday,,,,taking the day of work.......Yea its on.

·
Banned
310 Posts
all my clothes are washed, stands are hung, and waiting for thursday.

I get done with class at noon, so I hope to be out by 2pm for a good 6 hour sit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hung one stand last thursday. Clothes have been on the line through 2 rainy nights and 5 windy days and are ready. Just got a break in the forecast for the opener, no rain. It sure is good to be a born and bred Yooper. :elch:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I can't wait... everything is ready but i think I'm gonna hang one more stand in a spot I just found the other day.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Been ready and will be hunting Thu - Sun in Van Buren county. Incredible number of bucks on the cams and seen during the youth hunt. Can't wait ...

BRING IT ON BABY!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts