Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Brick Building material Building Brickwork
Wood Brick Building material Building Brickwork

The brace height is not the same on both sides. You can see one side it’s hitting the string stop and not the other.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
The left limb also looks like its pushing on the limb brake and right side isn't, You may have a bad limb.

·
Crossbow Nut
768 Posts
Yes, if it's assembled correctly your bow is out of tiller. How long have you had it? Was it always that way? If this is a recent event, one of your limbs is going weak and will break, possibly injuring you. Do not cock it, send your pix to Excalibur, they may send you new limbs as opposed to having you send it in.
Had this happen twice several years back.
Also I bought a spare set of limbs so I don't get caught short during hunting season. Never used them LOL.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I did was put a new string on it this past Friday. We went out of town and I came home and that is how it was.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I switched the limbs to the opposite sides. Does it make sense that it would still look the same?

·
Crossbow Nut
768 Posts
So I switched the limbs to the opposite sides. Does it make sense that it would still look the same?
Yes, a weak limb is still weak, no matter which side it's on.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a weak limb is still weak, no matter which side it's on.
I understand that but what I mean is I moved the right limb to left and the left to the right. When I did that it still looked the same as the picture. I thought that the gap would have moved to the left side.

This is my first experience with this Excalibur crossbow and crossbows in general. Just sucks I was going to take it hunting next weekend for the first time.

·
Crossbow Nut
768 Posts
Seems like it should, but that's what led me to ask if you're sure it's assembled correctly. Call Excalibur in the morning.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brown Wood Textile Sleeve Wood stain

And one more. It would have to be put together correct. I just bought it about a month ago from a bow shop. It just sucks because I bought it used.

·
Crossbow Nut
768 Posts
Excalibur has been very good about warranty for their bows, even bows bought used. I wouldn't volunteer that information, but if asked, I'd tell em.

·
Registered
Excalibur Crossbows
63 Posts
I understand that but what I mean is I moved the right limb to left and the left to the right. When I did that it still looked the same as the picture. I thought that the gap would have moved to the left side.

This is my first experience with this Excalibur crossbow and crossbows in general. Just sucks I was going to take it hunting next weekend for the first time.
Yes if one limb was bad, I would have expected the string angle to swap. Very strange it did not.

Instead of going off the bumpers, you can measure from same point on each side of the riser. But your square held up paints a pretty clear picture. But still confused about why it didn't follow the bad limb. Did you mark them so you did in fact switch over?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No I didn’t mark them. I will try again just in case I messed up and put them back on the same side. Today is the Canadian Thanksgiving so I wasn’t able to talk to anyone at Excalibur.

·
Registered
Excalibur Crossbows
63 Posts
Makes a lot more sense now. Hope you got new limbs on the way.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Excalibur said they are going to ship out new limbs. I’m very happy about this. They got a customer for life.

·
Crossbow Nut
768 Posts
Excalibur said they are going to ship out new limbs. I’m very happy about this. They got a customer for life.
I'm happy for you my friend, that's what I expected would happen. I don't usually say "I told you so" buuuuut..... LOL 👍😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts