Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my heart set on a new APA soon BUT, I was thinking I might be looking at an Elite now as well,

On elite's site it doesn't appear that the speed ratings are IBO? I'm a shooter and not a bow teck so the technical end of things I usually take to the shop but, I'm a 28" draw that can yank back 60-65lbs all day.
I want to hit 300fps in a 400gr. arrow.
Any suggestions on what I might be looking at?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Dont let speed get to you, the smooth draw, solid back wall, and great holding weight of my Answer, plus good K.E. mix that give's me great accuracy cant be touched by any other IMO. I'm shooting a hunting arrow that run's about 380gr and have a 28' draw and the Answer with smooth mod's @ 68lb put's me in the 280 + give or take fps. Food for thought, and they tell me the speed mod's get another 10 fps or so, but they change the draw, make it harsh and not as Elite smooth as everyone has come to known and love. Good luck and keep asking plus reading.

·
Recreational Bowhunter
1,044 Posts
I don't think you are going to be able to hit 300fps with your listed specs and an elite bow. You could probably get close using the speed mods, but then you lose the 2 best feature of the elites, the insane valley and the smooth draw.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I liked about the XL36 but it seems that model (APA) is not being made anymore. I guess I'll have to try it anyway. Thanks for the thoughts guys !

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I always shot a 28" dl but when I switched to a Hunter, I am using a 29". It is a touch longer but it fits me well. With a 380 grain arrow and 68-70# (depends on the scale) I get 298 fps. This weight feels less than my Hoyt at 62#.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are set on being at 300fps the Pulse is your best option. I am shooting the Pulse and Pure and they both are awesome drawing bows.
I have my Pulse set at 61# 29" DL with a 389 gr arrow I want to say I was about 305-306fps, but I may be wrong, its been a while back when I chrono'ed that bow.

My Pure is set at 66# 29" DL shooting a 368.5gr arrow at a caculated 301-302, I should have true life speeds tonight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pure shot 288/289 thru their chrono. Seems a little on slow side to me but I don't know exactly how much weight I have on my string, and not sure if the chrono is off or not.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Elite does not have a bow that will meet your speed with the specs you want

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
well you dont need speed. the best bow imo that they make is the answer just because how smooth it is. but if you do want to get that speed the pulse should get you in the 290s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts