Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty pumped to get my new Millennium L110 Ladder Stand delivered yesterday. Bought it from Amazon. Price was good. Shipping was free. It came in two large boxes. The boxes themselves weren’t in terrible shape, but the ladder sections themselves inside the boxes were stacked on top of each other without any foam or wrapping. Some metal sections and pieces were zip tied together, others were not. There was absolutely no padding anywhere in the box so the parts must have been rubbing and banging around inside the box. On many of the pieces, the paint is worn right down to bare metal. Perfect spots for rust to form. I don’t think it’s acceptable, especially when paying over $300. I plan on returning or exchanging but before I do...

For those that have ordered a ladder stand from Amazon or another online retailer, are they normally protected and wrapped inside the box? My climbers and hang-on stands were always delivered in great shape! Just wondering if I exchange it, will the next one be just like this one? I’ve attached a few pics but there are many places on the stand just like these.
B97218AE-9452-4015-BC3F-8A9CC71D09FF.jpg
A3E3F2A6-DC6F-4B03-BB0A-DAE48633A3A5.jpg D0156897-21AA-4DC2-828F-C5864F79637C.jpg

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Yea its not pretty but if you got a good i wouldnt worry about a little paint, but thats me. Heavy items seem to always get beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Can’t help but wonder if you got a product that was previously returned by another customer and packaging wasn’t checked...

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Those pinholed, undercut and probably porous welds would not get out the door of our structural steel shop. No way.

Touching up the scuffed paint would be a non-issue for me if the welds were decent.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
I wouldn’t be happy about that, but if all the parts were in there, it just wouldn’t be worth the hassle to me to box it back up, get it shipped back, and wait on another one that might look the same. The juice wouldn’t be worth the squeeze for me.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Sorry but that is not Amazon’s fault. They just sold and shipped it. The manufacture packaged it. If there was no foam and nothing to protect it then I would complain to the manufacture for selling a $300 stand that has worse packaging than a $50 stand from Walmart.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Throw some paint on the bare spots, no big deal. You gonna stick it out in the woods and hunt from it or take it to church?
That right there is funny! Certainly some truth in that statement.

Those are just three of the scratches, there are many more! Paid $339 so not really a bargain price. I don’t blame Amazon, but whomever did the packaging. Sure, I can throw paint on it, but it’s the principal of the thing! Where the quality control? It’s a PITA to box it up and return, so I’ll probably end up keeping it unless something goes wrong during assembly. I really liked my Millennium Hang On which is why I went with them for my first LS.

Question for those that have previuosly bought a new LS, did it come wrapped or padded in the box? My previous climbers and hang-ons were all very well packaged.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
That right there is funny! Certainly some truth in that statement.

Those are just three of the scratches, there are many more! Paid $339 so not really a bargain price. I don’t blame Amazon, but whomever did the packaging. Sure, I can throw paint on it, but it’s the principal of the thing! Where the quality control? It’s a PITA to box it up and return, so I’ll probably end up keeping it unless something goes wrong during assembly. I really liked my Millennium Hang On which is why I went with them for my first LS.

Question for those that have previuosly bought a new LS, did it come wrapped or padded in the box? My previous climbers and hang-ons were all very well packaged.
I understand, that is a lot of money for a stand.

I buy all my ladder stands at Menards. For the price of that Mellinium stand I can buy three. And no, I haven't had any that scratched up straight out of the box.

I guess my point though is that this stand is going to get banged around hauling it in and out of the woods and going to sit out there months at a time so don't let it stress you.

I have a couple ladder stands I've had for probability 20 years. They've gotten dinged up all over in that time and i just hit those spots with a shot of spray paint and they work just as good as the day I bought them.

Hope you kill a big one out of that stand this fall.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I paint all my stands camo

·
Matt R
2,117 Posts
Yes, dinged up like that brand new is not awesome, but the stand certainly is! I always take several different colors of spray paint and “Camo” up the ladder and stand anyways, so for me it would be a non-issue.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I counted about 25 places on the stand where the coating was rubbed off, some down to bare metal. Decided I will just keep it and touch it up with some camo Rust-Oleum. And I think I’ll contact Millennium to give them some feedback on their crappy packaging. Thanks to all for your suggestions. Hope you all bag a wall-hanger this season!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts