Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy to do, just used a L bracket, cut and drill. Tried it on my Assault 2 even though feet are close to the edge seems to be just fine. Will post pics from a tree tomorrow if I get the chance. Would have more room on my Alpha but it’s in storage now.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Very nice! I can't understand why a manufacturer hasn't designed something like this yet, a cast stand with a millenium/sling style seat...less weight, more comfy, seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It added about 1.4 lbs to the Assault. So 12.4lbs without the straps. Definitely need the footrests because of the short length of the Assault 2.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
The issue is the length of the seat leaving very little foot room on platform.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I did this same thing to my alpha II and just didn't care for the amount of space the seat took up. I'm 6'4" so legroom is at a premium in most stands. The seat was certainly more comfortable, just didn't outweigh the platform sacrifice forme personally.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes if your tall you lose most of the platform. The problem is I can’t stand the seat even with the Hunt Comfort cushion. I used the M60U a lot this year, really like the stand except not a fan of the bracket. Even though stand has ability to level it doesn’t always sit perfect horizontal on a tree that’s not perfect. I end up swiveling the bracket til it sits close to perfect on a tree. The LW I never really have a problem with it. I sit most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yes if your tall you lose most of the platform. The problem is I can’t stand the seat even with the Hunt Comfort cushion. I used the M60U a lot this year, really like the stand except not a fan of the bracket. Even though stand has ability to level it doesn’t always sit perfect horizontal on a tree that’s not perfect. I end up swiveling the bracket til it sits close to perfect on a tree. The LW I never really have a problem with it. I sit most of the time anyway.
I agree the LW seat is terrible even with the extra cushion. I tried the seat off of a Field & Stream stand as well that didn't stick out quite as far but it would have required more modification to the upright than I was prepared to do to try it out. Is the seat off of an M7 even a comfort upgrade from the LW or about the same?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts