Archery Talk Forum banner

milllenium Question- Tree is too big

473 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Hammer0419
got a tree that i need to had a reciever on that is about 2 in too big for the chain. what is the best way to cinch it down. i was thinking about a come along. what have you guys done to get that reciever on the honey hole?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
i think a come along will work fine. could also pick up some extra chain at the hardware store and just use a link similar to what they send w/ the stand to attach it. from personal experience, we always use a couple of tie down straps you can tighten to keep the stand in-place and a little more stable.

· Registered
2,616 Posts
x2 on the winch straps. Buy a 2 pack at walmart or an auto parts house and put one where the chain usually goes and the other at the bottom, just above the platform. It will be the most stable stand you ever hunted!

· Registered
1,425 Posts
NEVER SUBSTITUTE A STRAP FOR THE CHAIN. THAT IS A VERY DANGEROUS PRACTICE!

You can add more chain, but...
Be sure you use the same type, and not a lesser strength...
The same thing goes for the connector, between the new chain and the old chain.
Call them, and ask for the specs...
601-932-5832
Ask for Bill...

When I run into this situation, I frequently link two receivers together.
But, I have dozens of them, so its no big deal!
Clifford

· Registered
3,395 Posts
No way in heck would I use a come along of any sort. Never put added stress on it. Add a small link of chain with a quick connect. Just check the ratings on it when you purchase it. If you have a Tractor Supply in your area they have a lot of hardware in all different grades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.