Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on building some arrows for the first time and am running into an interesting dilemma. I want to give the Blazer vanes a 3 degree helical and was planning on using the Bohning Blazer Helix Fletching Jig. The Bohning site says that it is designed for .293" - .306" size. It seems that virtually every shaft I am considering: Black Ragle Rampage, CX Maxima Red, Easton Bloodline, Easton Flatline, Easton Hexx; has a smaller diameter than .293".

Does anyone have experience with this Jig and whether the lower limit for easy fletching is really .293"? If not, what is the smallest diameter that you think would work well? Should I be looking at a different jig altogether?

-Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've fletched 3 degrees using the vane master pro on some micro diameter easton fmj's with no issues! I was using bohning standard 2" vanes. The vane master from last chance archery is a beast. I prob wouldn't have been successful with another jig

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I have used the Bohning tower jig to put a 3 degree helical with blazer vanes on my Black Eagle Rampage just fine!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I use the EZ Fletch mini, which I believe is a 6 degree helical. My arrows are Axis 400 spine which are .265 (17/64), works just fine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 4 degree Helical on my VAPs and it worked just fine. Used the Vane Master Pro, but I would think the Bohning Helix Jig would work too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've fletched 3 degrees using the vane master pro on some micro diameter easton fmj's with no issues! I was using bohning standard 2" vanes. The vane master from last chance archery is a beast. I prob wouldn't have been successful with another jig
Just got this jig. its ALOT $$$$ But its really a awesome jig

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I've fletched CX Piledriver PTXs which are micro diameter, with no problems.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
same as tjd60449, I've fletcched 3deg helical with a Bitz on my Piledriver Pass through xtremes which are small diameter without any issues

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. That vane master pro look sweet but way more than I wanted to spend. Think I will try the bohning jig on either the black eagles or the hexx. Sounds like no one has had bad outcomes with smaller diameters on helical.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
20,839 Posts
Curious; Why 3 deg helical?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I have fletched the .166 shafts with a 3 degree and whatever a Arizona EZ fletch does. I only do 3 blazer vanes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts