1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've seen these binos on deep discount, eg Gearhog, Cameraland

I almost bit at $90, down from $144 until I read the following:

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=2162617&postcount=89

If anyone could recommend the best bang for the buck under $100, I'd appreciate it. I'll mostly be hunting from tree stands, and blinds. Later I'll go more spot and stock but i just want something that'll be good in most situations for under $100.

Thanks
Eric

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Bushnell Trophy XLT best 100 set I have used.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
That guys post was pretty funny. He was comparing a $100 pair of binos to Leica, Zeiss, and a pair of Swaro's that go for over 2 grand. You get what you pair for when it comes to glass.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
I would save up a little more money and get the Vortex Diamonbacks, like Chad said you get what you pay for and you're not going to find much at the $100 price point. Save up about $220-$250 and get the Diamonbacks...I saved until I could afford the Vortex Viper HD's and I'm glad I did, great glass from a great company!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bushnell Trophy XLT best 100 set I have used.
Thank you.

That guys post was pretty funny. He was comparing a $100 pair of binos to Leica, Zeiss, and a pair of Swaro's that go for over 2 grand. You get what you pair for when it comes to glass.
I agree it was funny when I looked at it that way, too, but it just seemed that way because I isolated his post out of context. He is a regular on that site whose reviews are respected even though some might disagree. He only gave his opinion because several requested it and I think he was just saying he just thinks they are very cheap and, as full disclosure, he uses some top notch glasses.

What concerned me the most, however, was some mention of eye relief and black spaces. I just want good, reliable glasses wo wasting money.

I would save up a little more money and get the Vortex Diamonbacks, like Chad said you get what you pay for and you're not going to find much at the $100 price point. Save up about $220-$250 and get the Diamonbacks...I saved until I could afford the Vortex Viper HD's and I'm glad I did, great glass from a great company!
I'll look at them. If I'm spending over $100, I'll find some used and trade for them, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts