Archery Talk Forum banner

Missed a buck tonight, have a quick question

748 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Stanley
Well tonight I didnt see any deer from my stand but I walk through a field to get to my truck. I was walking in the woods about to step into the field when I see a nice size buck standing on the edge of the field. I draw on him and figure 35 yards. I hit my release and the arrow goes right underneath. It turned out to be about 41 yards. Anyway he ran off but he didnt know where the shot came from so I was wondering how long should I stay away from the area to let it cool down? Also do you think he will come back soon? Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I will probably give it a few days and be right back out there. Thanks.

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If he didn't see you you should be fine to get right back in there. Question though, how dark was it? I have walked out a little early myself to try and catch a nice buck in the field but I never shoot if it is too dark.
It wasnt that dark in the field, it was just dark in the woods. It gets dark about 10-15 minutes earlier in the woods than it does out in the field so it was too dark to shoot anymore in the woods but when I saw him in the field there was probably still 10 minutes of daylight left so I could see him fine its just that he couldnt see me because I was still in the woods.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
If he's who you want get back after em'. 2 days in a row will not break a hunt,don't know how often you've been in there.

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i dont hunt that spot too much with me working alot so I will go back out tomorrow night and see what gives. Im definatley after this buck. I saw him on my game camera all summer and he is a dandy in my eyes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.