Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting up in the stand hoping and praying to be able to skewer a deer. About 08:00 I wake up from the little bit of a daze I was in when I hear one coming in rather quickly. It trotted into the clearing and was a good sized 8+ (I'm think probably a 10, but it didn't stay long enough for me to see) with thick mainbeams. Instead of turning down the trail infront my stand and toward the feeder it kept going straight. I tried to get my hurry up to get a shot in (normally I wait until its behind something and not out in the open with nothing between us), I was almost at full draw when it glanced my way and trotted off down a trail leading away from my stand. It was maybe 35yds out too. Never blew, flagged me or showed any real sign of distress. Just seemed to be in a hurry to get where it was going. A buddy of mine said deer won't even get within 60yds if his stand. Say the bucks come in just long enough to see if there's any does in the area and leave. Unfortunately by bleat can was broken and grunting to try and turn it around didn't help. Now I really have the fever and not just for a deer, but for that deer. I think he would have made the FL Buck Registry, or been very close to it. I can't hunt tonight or tomorrow morning, but am definately going to be out there tomorrow evening. Just debating on a mid-late morning hunt tomorrow.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts