Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I finished practice by shooting 1 inch groups all the way out to 50 yards...

Today, I missed a turkey at 15 yards.. Pretty sure it was not the broadheads fault :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmSH_sYblU

Figured I would post as I was able to get a pretty good video of the shot. It was nice to be able to review and see what I did wrong.

Not sure why, but this guy and his buddy had my heart racing... I guess it was opening day jitters.. lol

See if I can get him to come back in tomorrow.

--Rod

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Happened to me about two weeks ago..had a tom in full strut about 8 yards from me, and didnt pick a good spot (heart was racing and the bird had me busted), and ended up with nothing but feathers...

Dont worry it..happens to all of us..Better luck on the next one!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I blew it opening day :thumbs_do:thumbs_do me suck!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me I know it was clearly a case of rushing the shot. I was in the middle of moving the video camera to a different camera hole in the blind because I thought they would up from a different direction. Suddenly he gobbles right behind me! Scared the Sh*T out of me! :)

I quickly moved the camera back, grabbed the bow and just did not take enough time.

Hopefully, I get another chance tomorrow.

--Rod

·
Registered
542 Posts
I slowed it down a bit more and put it on HD. Looks like you hit him in the leg about 2" above the spur... Ouch.

Better luck next hunt:slice:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
It happens!!! We've all been humbled by a missed bow bird or two. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts