Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I missed one tonight. It was a young doe. My season opened on the 19th and today was my first time to be in the stand this year. Well I guess stage fright got the best of me haha.. Still plenty of time though... Just hope I didnt spook them to bad, there where three of them.. Take care guys and good luck this year...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
it happends to everyone, goodluck next time.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I missed one last friday night as well. It happens.At least its not wounded

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outlook

I love the missed ones, all the thrills and nothing to have to clean!
Thanks Pink I never looked at it like that.. hahaha Atleast it wasnt a big ole buck huh... I have been bowhunting for a few years so this wasnt my first miss and I am sure wont be my last.. It happens, its just embarrassing crying in front my kids and all haha Just kidding I didnt cry.. In front of them atleast...

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Every bow hunter has missed. That is part of the game. I always say a clean miss is better than a bad hit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like to look at it this way. "If you don't makes mistakes, you'll never learn anything". This will be my second year bowhunting and I fully expect to have a few mishaps here and there and will have to accept them as they come. If everything was perfect all the time, life sure would get boring, wouldn't it?

Good luck next time!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I missed a donkey headed doe sunday night. 24yds, slightly quatering away, eating acorns, no idea I was there, and I........missed her. So much for all those 3D shoots this year. There is a big difference between foam and the real deal. Dont feel bad about it we all have done it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts