Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought all my xbow bolts from Carbon Express. The arrows are Carbon Express Maxima hunters with weight forward tech. They cost upwards of $60.00 for 6. I thought what is this weight forward stuff...FOC? I measured the 20 inch Maxima hunter and tired a string around the half way mark, the arrow balanced on my mark. I then took a Carbon Express Cross Bolt, I had without the weight forward tech and alot less expensive and did the same thing. It also balanced at the same half mark. I had a 20 inch Cabela's Striker X bolt and it had weight forwardness to it. taking the broadhead/field tip adapters off the two CE's were the same length but the Stalker was longer, giving it more weight in the front half of the arrow. SO...........what am I missing.......the Maxima hunters have camo and the CE Cross Bolts are black and alot cheaper and the deer don't care about pretty. Any thoughts? What am I missing about the weight forward Maxima arrows? The test was without field points with 2.1 fusion vanes. Thanks

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Honestly...the "weight forward" is a marketing ploy. You want high FOC, get an arrow with a brass insert. Not saying the CX arrows are not good arrows, but they have no more FOC than any other aluminum insert arrow.
Wyvern

1 - 2 of 2 Posts