Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get a a X bow and Mission is on the list but doing some homework. I know the owners manual says half moon nocks only but can you shoot bolts with Omni nocks and if so how are they. . Has anyone shot any Blazer vanes out of theirs? One more question. What is the best way to refletch bolts?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have not shot the Omni nocks. I have shot 22in. GT Lazer III's with blazer vanes and J nocks. I've also shot 22in. BEE's with AV II's both of these shoot very well and group much better than the stock Mission arrows.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
You are "supposed" to shoot aluminum moons.....or so they said but this year they have a deal for a lighted nock with Lumenock so that goes out the window. Now I shoot omnis with great accuracy with BE arrows and I have tested some 20" GT 2 lately just for tickles and grins and, at least with field tips, they shoot great too. I haven't got around to broadheads and GT 2 but I will. I do recommend BE arrows in these bows for now or GT 3. Blazers work fine and shoot great. My GT 2's I am testing are 20", blazers, omni nocks. I have also, just today, ordered some Jnocks. Cossack is shooting them with great results so I'm diving in myself. I will have to report back later on those. Refletching, if you buy omnis they come with an insert for them you can use in the jig, not sure how jnocks do in a jig but carbon express has a rubber nock I use and it works very well. I use right helical.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So let me get this right. They want you to shoot alumni. moons but omnis work great and J nocks work good. Don't know what those are . Looking for the best way if I have to refletch Do you glue in your omnis or do the just pop in like Bohning signature nocks on regular arrows. I am a fan of Gold Tip so thats where I might lean towards bolts.. Thinking I might get the MXB 320. Heard a lot of good things. Have to wait for the Daggger till maybe April but don't know if its a worth the wait for 20 more FPS and $200 more in cost Im kinda thinking the 320 with the Hawke Pro XB1 scope. Any opinions

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
I like my 320 a lot, I'll probably get another mission and thats likely to mean selling mine but I have no complaints. Great bow, what to get is what kind of money you want to spend and is the speed worth spending that extra money and only you can answer that one. Yes they aluminum moons but both omnis and jnocks work. Jnocks will push in, omnis you must glue in. Jnocks are made be Firenock and clamp on to the string like a vert bow nock. You can buy them with the lighted components or just the nocks. Omnis are a multi-grooved nock. On the Missions you can't use a nock that is bigger than the diameter of the arrow as it will hang up in the ADF and the latch.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=52&cat=Arrow+Components
http://www.firenock.com/main.php?page=Productfitchart

·
Crossbow Broke
9,861 Posts
Love my 320. I shoot 22" BEE with Omnis and Blazers with zero issues. They are backing off of the metal nock in 2014.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
It is confirms that many dealers and customer are loving the J nock on the Mission crossbow. It is also confirms that due to the change in the trigger box, the J nock now will work on all 4 mission crossbows; MXB 320, MXB 360, MXB400 and the dagger. Below is what it looked like in plain nock, practice nock and Firenock circuit in it. We off the J polycarbonate nock in 3 colors, 6 colors of LEDs, 3 different computer lighting functions, and FOC matched practice weight... and 3 different batteries for different temperatures range and needs. So it hard to find a reason not to use Firenock J nock on a mission bow, beside price.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And these J nocks just fit snug in the shaft with no glue and will seat nicely in a fletching jig like regular arrow nocks? Can you use these on any blot like the Goldtips and the Carbon Express

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
And these J nocks just fit snug in the shaft with no glue and will seat nicely in a fletching jig like regular arrow nocks? Can you use these on any blot like the Goldtips and the Carbon Express
Just notice that you question include the words Carbon Express... Carbon Express crossbow arrow are different from any other as they are 0.285" ID compare to Gold Tip, Black eagle, Victory, and many others which are all 0.300" As for Firenock J, it will fit 0.298" to 0.301" ID.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the great info Firenock I think you may have another customer. I like the idea of the lighted nocks and that they need no glue and I can use them in my Bitzenburger fletching jig like a regular nock. What is the cost of these for a 1/2 dozen and the weight. I see you mentioned a practice nock ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Firenock has an excellent product. I have the Firenock 0 for small diameter arrows and have been using them throught the season. They are 100% reliable. I'm sure those firenocks for you xbow will function the same. I haven't gotten around to getting the matched weight nocks but having the option only makes everything more accurate when you shoot. They have good customer service too.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
The J nocks by Firenock fit the Black Eagle Executioner arrows to a T. Nice tight press fit, but they can be removed to insert lighting mechanism or to accommodate fletching jig is necessary. Moreover, they are not only lighter than most other nocks I've tried (7.5 grns) but the sides are tapered - just like the stock alum moons - to fit into the rather small opening in the latches. Thy literally 'snap' onto the (stock) string for a sure contact with the string, i.e 'Capture Nock.' IMO, since they can be lit up,as well as both arrow and string better, they are an IMPROVEMENT on both the stock alum nocks and the Omnis. Good job Dorge.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
PS Available from Firenocks or Wyvern creations.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So out of all the nocks out there which one can I just fit in the shafts without glue and use in my fletcher.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
So out of all the nocks out there which one can I just fit in the shafts without glue and use in my fletcher.
As long as we are talking nock only and not with electronics, all Firenock clip-on nock can do it as it have a nock to fit over the v grove of the Bitz. Just do not expect to get the accuracy like Aerovane Jig. FYI, even on a super tight fit nock on a bits you are still guarantee to have no less than 5 degrees total off in 3 vanes configuration. That is how the bits was designed since day one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts