Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with my let-off. It's as if I relax just the slightest, I'll want to go forward. Do you know what could be causing this. Mission X3's let-off is set at 75%. Do yall know could be up?
Thanks and God bless,
bbh19

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
75% is what the let-off is on the X3 bow

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are you sure that your bow is setup and timed correctly?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that's what my shop said, but they measured me again and it was 27.5". To be honest it feels like my left arm is bending a lot. It isn't as stiff as I would expect it to be.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Draw Weight

I just bought my first bow a few months ago and was having a bit of the same problem. Mine is a Bowtech Old Glory. It was set at 60 lbs, and the guy helping me backed it down to 55 lbs and it has really helped. Once I get my muscles used to this weight, then I'll gradually bring it back to 60.

Probably not much help if you've been shooting for a few years, but maybe you're new like me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just bought my first bow a few months ago and was having a bit of the same problem. Mine is a Bowtech Old Glory. It was set at 60 lbs, and the guy helping me backed it down to 55 lbs and it has really helped. Once I get my muscles used to this weight, then I'll gradually bring it back to 60.

Probably not much help if you've been shooting for a few years, but maybe you're new like me.

Good luck.
this suggestion has a lot of merit also, and you dont really want your bow arm that stiff anyways

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've not all that new to the sport. I've been shooting 60lbs for a bout 4 months. Also, I know I don't want my left are too stiff because it can cause torque, but my elbow just seems to have pretty good bit of bend in it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
hmmm. welp to the extent of my limited knowledge thats all iknow, hopefully someone can chime in and help ya out

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm beginning to lean towards it being a 1/2" too long. I just got done shooting some more and it felt real ar back at full draw.

·
Registered
51,184 Posts
If it wants to horse away from you first indication the draw is too long and or the poundage is too high for you..:wink:

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I've figured it out. The draw length is too long. So now, I've either got to get a new cam or wait to get my new bow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts