Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to book a deer hunt here in Mississippi and I am looking for anyone who has experience with the following outfitters. If you have had experience with Bayou Pierre Outfitters or TLM Outfitters please give me some feedback. What was experience with them? Did you see many deer? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being Superb, 5 avg, and 1 being very poor), what would you rate each and why?

Thanks for any help here,
David

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tara Wildlife

Tara Wildlife all the way! Its a little high priced, but for the size bucks they have it is worth it! Good Luck

·
Team 11
3,002 Posts
Tara is a 10

Go to Tara if you want to have a good chance at a nice buck with a bow. I have been twice and I must admit I didn't see a buck on the first trip. But the second trip produced the two racks in my avatar. No matter what, those guys at Tara will make sure you have a good trip. Great guides. Just remember that this is still Mississippi, not the midwest. If you want a 150" deer you need to go to the midwest. Tara has them, Giles Island has them, several nice MS places have them. BUT, they only kill a few each year over 150" between several hundred hunters. They DO kill a ton of bucks that meet their requirements (usually scoring between 115-130"). They don't fine you if you shoot a deer that doesn't measure up either (they give you an asterisk and invite you never to come back if you do it again). But if you've never killed a nice deer with a bow, its definately one of the best places in the country to hunt and have a real chance at killing a big bodied, big racked, bottomland buck at any time of the season. I'm going back this fall:wink:

Virgil

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback on Tara but was still wondering if anyone had any contact with the other 2.......

Thanks again

Sheriff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts