Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
My dad and I have tried just about everything out here on our place....Oats, vetch, cowpeas, I&C peas, corn, chicory, several different clovers, Biologic, Tecomate mixes, the whole nine yards....Best luck we have had is with the "game mix" in the camo bag that you can get at any feedstore or Wal Mart in MS. $8 for 50#, and the deer love it....All we've used (besides corn) for the last 4 seasons. We do usually mix in some extra oats with it, as they deer around these parts seem to crave them....We plant around 20-30 acres of corn around the first of June, and leave it standing. I think the ***** get more of it than the deer do though.

It's a fact that some stuff grows better than others in different soils, but in our experience, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get a good food plot. Since we went with the game mix, we plant it the first week of September. If it gets a couple of good rains on it, the deer are usually hammering it by Oct.1.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.