Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luke Wilson, a friend of mine from Pike County MS, killed this brute on Thanksgiving Day! He has a young lady friend from Iowa, so when I received the picture I was just sure that he had been visiting up there when he killed it. But NO, it was killed near McComb, MS, in an area where 125" deer are a welcome sight. Go figure! Goes to show that you never know what's out there! This monster was a 25-point buck that would be unofficially green scored at 189 2/8 inches Boone & Crockett and 198 5/8 Safari Club. Way to go, Luke! Making Mississippi proud!

Deer hunting Trophy hunting Reindeer Elk Hunting

Reindeer Deer hunting Deer Antler Horn

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one there, I see you're from Meridian my father grew up there. Love that part of the state.
I was born in Meridian, but grew up on the mission field in South America. Returned to this area 20 years ago when I started pastoring a church here. We enjoy living in this area, and we are also starting to see more quality deer in east central MS too.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Monster buck!

Why is he not wearing orange though????????????

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yes MIssissippi isn't known for big deer, but we do have them! And I also was wondering about the Orange. Maybe they were taken after the kill right before loading on an atv or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
great buck

·
Registered
466 Posts
I know all the talk is Iowa, Kansas , Texas, Missouri, Illinios but there are some great bucks from Mississippi and a few good ones in the neighboring states of Louisiana and Alabama.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts