Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looking good! Just went online and got my tags. Also checked the managed hunt results, no luck this year even with 2 pref points.

·
C-130J Loadmaster
1,186 Posts
Looking good! Just went online and got my tags. Also checked the managed hunt results, no luck this year even with 2 pref points.
We had 6 pts a piece and didnt get drawn... Starting to get ridiculous!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good luck on the elk hunt draw. Thousands of guys put in for the elk hunt and only 5 tags I think get drawn. And it helps the more guys you have on your ticket the better your odds get. Cause you can have up to 6 on a ticket and if 1 person from your ticket gets drawn the whole group gets to hunt the draw. I got drawn for a bow hunt close to where I live. We turned a ticket of 6 with 2 guys who have never put in for one so they boosted our chances with their preference points.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey, good to meet someone else on here from the jomo area.

Unfortunately they do latch on.. I know this too well. I was scouting a new place out the other night, and got 64 tick bites on my legs before I could get home to get a bleach bath… it has been miserable. I’ve never seen so many ticks on me. This is the worst year for them in recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Webb live in bentonville I hunt private in JOMO and a lot of public up North

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,070 Posts
the points system is something else, more like chances as it is how many times your name goes in to the bucket to get drawn
right after it started I was drawn 2 years in a row, then nothing for 4 years then drawn 3 out of the last 4 years

here is a good news article on a new tick strain in Missouri

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Any of you guys familiar with the Putnam County area? That may be where we are hunting this year

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No heard of it but not sure where or I’ve ever been there. Guys we are 3 weeks away. Last night i shot my first Robin Hood. After 20years of shooting a bow. It was shot at 45yrds
Great shooting! Season right around the corner. I have 1 more hangon to get out.
Plan was to get out today, but my back had other plans. Hopefully tomorrow!
I bought a couple Novix double step sticks. Can't wait to try them out.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Another set up today. Hit list buck pics coming!
17 days!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
2nd year for me. Got a late start last year in November. Didn't get it done but hoping to this year. Beyond excited for season to start!

Reactions: Dafis

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Card pull today. Lost a card today from a newly hung stand while pulling out saw from pocket. I back tracked trying to find, not such luck. This big boy is an offspring from a buck I been hunting last 5 years.
Anyone waiting till it gets cooler before going hunting in 2 weeks?
Nope. Will be out opening day. A cool down would be nice!

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Card pull pics. Stupid triple pics!!
Natural environment Deer Organism Natural landscape Vegetation
Photograph White Vertebrate Green Light
Photograph Green White Light Nature
Natural environment Deer Organism Natural landscape Vegetation
Photograph White Vertebrate Green Light
Photograph Green White Light Nature

41 - 60 of 96 Posts