Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
its been warm and windy where i hunt so i have been waiting till next week. supposed to be a strong cold front come through.
Im hunting northwest missouri and it has pretty much shut down. but looks to be picking up next week with the cold front coming in. and for hunting morning/evenings? Well neither are working for me right now. went to my number one stand today and didn't even see one deer. that don't ever happen.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm in NE MO and have yet to see a deer while on stand.. I"ve got my blind set up on a oak ridge that is loaded with acorns.. I'm still seeing alot of deer in the bean fields, hopefully they'll head back into the timber after the acorns soon..

· Registered
187 Posts
Central

I'm smack dead center in MO. Over the last few weeks I've seen a few off and on but there's been no pattern to it really. Mostly night time activity in my area, that and circling oaks to glean the acorns. Now that the bean fields are dried/drying up and being harvested I expect to start seeing more of them in the woods and hay fields. As for time of day, I've seen more activity early in the morning with a few distant passers by in the late afternoon. Mostly does but did see a couple of spikes and a 6 pt last week.

Later this week should be better... I'm just hoping there will be a good cloud cover so the full moon won't be an issue.

Good luck!
Dan

· Registered
18 Posts
Live just south of KC and hunt down at Urich Conservation Area and at a farm close to Lone Jack. Saw 2 very nice bucks Thursday down close to Urich and 2 does yesterday at Lone Jack. All 4 deer were in fields. I'm not finding many acorns on the trees so I'm not sure how good the hunting is going to be in the timber where I normanly set up.

· Registered
149 Posts
Seeing a few does but even me cam isnt getting action over corn. I wait to hunt that spot untill later in the season. Like I said a few does late late in the evening.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Whats new guys?
Has the deer activity increased with the cooler temps?
Im in south central MO. In the morning when i see most of the deer. Its still in the high30s and low 40s at this time. Sat night as the sun set it cooled of fast seen 2 deer. The white oaks are loaded down here and persimon trees to. Have found some dropings near these white oak trees. It seems the cool temps get them moving its hard to tell though. Just hunt as often as I can.

· Registered
149 Posts
Been seening deer moving in the evening. I note each time I see deer.

5:03
Doe 20+,
5:38
8 point buck on Firday 20+ and a "big" buck at dark walking out, he seen me too

Saturday night I went to the dirt car round up (dirt track racing)

5:05
Legs of deer couldn't make out any thing else 40+

Thats just Friday and Sunday, I seen deer everyday this past week after 5:00

· Registered
187 Posts
They're finally starting to move about in my area. My hunting grounds are just far enough away form ag activity that I'll have to wait until everything has been harvested before the numbers truly go up though. Who cares, I'm just excited to see them moving, lol.

Good luck everyone,
Dan

· Registered
854 Posts
I hunt NW Missouri public land, and I seem to ALWAYS bump deer at 5-6am while trying to slip into my tree. Haven't seen a deer on stand since opening morning. Heading to Urich CA tomorrow morning hoping to cross paths with some of the does down there.

Around town (Lee's Summit) I saw deer out at 9pm last night. And again on the move at 830am this morning. Just no rhymn nor reason right now. COME ON RUT!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.