Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm planning a missouri deer hunt next fall. I noticed the tags say you can harvest 2 deer or 2 turkey during the seasons. Could I use a 2011 deer/turkey tag in the spring or is strictly fall turkeys?

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts
Fall turkeys are included with your bow license; the spring turkey tag is a completely separate tag

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Hmm..I thought you could get 2 turkey and two deer in the fall..?

But yeah, spring turkey tags are a whole seperate tag.

On a side note, the new 2011 tags are kinda weird. I noticed the smaller portion, which used to be the transport tag, now holds the line to write your confirmation number. and the bottom portion is different. plus now we have to notch and date the tags...?

is the biggers part now the transport tag?

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts

On a side note, the new 2011 tags are kinda weird. I noticed the smaller portion, which used to be the transport tag, now holds the line to write your confirmation number. and the bottom portion is different. plus now we have to notch and date the tags...?

Your right...You can kill two deer and two turkey in the fall season.

· Premium Member
2,995 Posts

They are in the process of changing the tags. The new tags are the kind you notch & then attach to the deer or turkey. When the material they are using runs out the tags will be printed on paper. You can buy tags on their website & print them out at home. Read this in their magazine,Missouri Conservationist.

· XX78 User
5,019 Posts
Missouri is actually doing away with the transportation tags. It is just a big mess now as far as tags are concerned. E-tags are going to really screw us over.
Yeah they are going to save a whopping 500, 000 dollars by getting rid of the old tags. You will still be able to get the regular transportation tags until they run out of the adhesive paper they use to print them on. After that, you will have to use your own paper...

· Registered
2,768 Posts
yeah, I just spoke with my local MDC agent. He said he advises putting the tag inside a ziplock bag(paper and the printed ones from wal mart..ect) and tying the ziplock bag or taping it to the animal. Which sucks, because I actually liked the old tags.

unstick the little portion, insert in between the deer tendon on the legs and drag it out of the woods. get to the house, call it in write the confirmation number on the bigger portion and I always attached that to the antlers if possible or the tendon.

I also was under the impression, even though they are doing away with the sticky backed tags you will still be able to get tags from wal mart..ect.

Because if I am not mistaken they will charge a "convenience fee" of $1 to print from home...

· Registered
1,349 Posts
If it makes you feel better, continue to buy them where you currently do.

Unfortunately, it's the wave of the future. Think of it this way though, you can print off extras, at least the hunting and fishing licenses, and keep them in different spots so you don't have to worry about forgetting your license.

· Registered
141 Posts
No you can not use the tag in the spring. As far as the new tags here in the state I understand it is different but it will save the state some money. That $500,000 can go to more things in conservation or to something else. In case you did not know we are in a bad financial spot here in MO. I don't understand how e tags are going to screw us over. You buy other things on the internet don't you? I just do not like online checking. Easy to do but also easy for the poachers to fudge. Buck checked as doe so on and so forth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.