Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new updates on the controversial and unusual circumstances surrounding Rompola and his questionable buck. I have been searching and nothing comes up other than past reads.......thanks

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Wowza! That was a long time ago. Haven't heard anything about that in many years. Why the interest in digging up an old issue like that?

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Any new updates on the controversial and unusual circumstances surrounding Rompola and his questionable buck. I have been searching and nothing comes up other than past reads.......thanks
There is really nothing questionable about it.;)

It is not real......

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gold3499

Your question of why the interest in digging up an old issue like that?. Because it was a hotly debated topic when the story generated and my purpose/intent in asking for any new updated info on the matter concerning the issue was to see if any new info may sway my opinion on the matter.

In my mind, the incident was a complete hoax from all the info I had read. Just asking if any new material has come forth with....thanks.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Many years ago I spoke with Craig Calderone (from the whitetail hall of fame near Jackson, mI) about his opinion of the validity of this deer. He told me that he offered a couple thousand $$ to Mitch to have the head x-rayed but Mitch wouldn't do it. So Craig concluded that it was a hoax but no one has x-rayed it yet, I think.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
If the skull had been split.Wouldn't the brow tines be pointing in a differ direction.Say away fro the head.

·
Banned
42 Posts
I Heard The Obama Administration offered Him free welfare checks so he wouldnt have to steal them and also Citizenship so he couldn't be deported and will live free on everyone else's dime so he had went into seclusion .

He gave Up Deer Hunting for Identity Theft .

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The biggest debates came from the fact that it was thought Mitch had had the deer brought here from a Missouri Game farm and the reason that he would let anybody touch it was due to the fact of his controversy with the Mich DNR and Commemorative Bucks of Michigan. I also heard that he had issues with the Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett clubs.

I also heard that he was offered a huge lump sum from Myles Keller not to pursue the World record issue.

But those were all speculation and rumors.

If I had shot it, I would have been parading that thing all over town. But thats just me. LOL

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
The biggest debates came from the fact that it was thought Mitch had had the deer brought here from a Missouri Game farm and the reason that he would let anybody touch it was due to the fact of his controversy with the Mich DNR and Commemorative Bucks of Michigan. I also heard that he had issues with the Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett clubs.

I also heard that he was offered a huge lump sum from Myles Keller not to pursue the World record issue.

But those were all speculation and rumors.

If I had shot it, I would have been parading that thing all over town. But thats just me. LOL
I am pretty sure that Myles Keller does not care about Rompola`s fake buck.:eek:

Milo Hanson had a problem with Rompola claiming to have the new WR but refusing to offer proof.......just like every other WR entry is required to do.

Yes, Rompola has/had issues with both P&Y and B&C.........and that has nothing to do with the fact that he made his sponsors look really bad with the way he handled the situation. Rompola was offered by at LEAST 2 different people to have the x-ray cost covered, yet he refused to accept the offers. Rompola did at one point state that he did indeed have the rack x-ray`d, but only to prove to himself it was legit?:eek: He refused to show those alleged x-ray results to anyone.

It has been so long ago that I cannot remember the exact details, and it is not worth the time to research Rompola`s old stories, but one of his Michigan records was admittedly killed with a field point tipped arrow, and he claimed to have used a certain broadhead on another one of his record book deer.......but the first prototype of that broadhead was not made until 2 years AFTER the deer was killed.

Rompola has issues.........

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Yeah I remember this pretty well. Heard a lot about it when it came out and the next couple years then died off. I haven't even thought about that one until now.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I am pretty sure that Myles Keller does not care about Rompola`s fake buck.:eek:

Milo Hanson had a problem with Rompola claiming to have the new WR but refusing to offer proof.......just like every other WR entry is required to do.

Yes, Rompola has/had issues with both P&Y and B&C.........and that has nothing to do with the fact that he made his sponsors look really bad with the way he handled the situation. Rompola was offered by at LEAST 2 different people to have the x-ray cost covered, yet he refused to accept the offers. Rompola did at one point state that he did indeed have the rack x-ray`d, but only to prove to himself it was legit?:eek: He refused to show those alleged x-ray results to anyone.

It has been so long ago that I cannot remember the exact details, and it is not worth the time to research Rompola`s old stories, but one of his Michigan records was admittedly killed with a field point tipped arrow, and he claimed to have used a certain broadhead on another one of his record book deer.......but the first prototype of that broadhead was not made until 2 years AFTER the deer was killed.

Rompola has issues.........
Thank you for the correction. It was Milo Hansen not Myles Keller. I was thinking of one and typing another.

The basic thing is is that its all up to the people that shoot them as to whether or not to have them scored and entered. Ive been to Iowa several times and have seen some pretty impressive bucks that the owners just didnt care to have them judged. Any rack that your proud of is a trophy in the eyes of the owner.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
I'll see Chuck Neese in a couple week's ,I think Mitch was shooting a CSS at the time ,I think that was the bow in the pic .I'll see what Chuck say's if he will even talk about it .

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Rompola signed a binding contract and legal papers issued from Milo Hansens lawyers to never again up this rack or even mention it as long as the Hansen Buck is the Worlds #1. They pretty much made the man put up or shut up and in the agreement, if Rompola tries to profit or advertise his deer in ANY way..... he must submit the antlers for official scoring and x-rays.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Thank you for the correction. It was Milo Hansen not Myles Keller. I was thinking of one and typing another.

The basic thing is is that its all up to the people that shoot them as to whether or not to have them scored and entered. Ive been to Iowa several times and have seen some pretty impressive bucks that the owners just didnt care to have them judged. Any rack that your proud of is a trophy in the eyes of the owner.
The main difference in the people who just "didn't care" to have there's scored is that they didn't come out right away screaming they shot a world record then decide nah I don't want to prove it. It is an obvious fake. I can't believe the Rompola fan's aren't here screaming there stories about him yet.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
The buck may be real or fake I don't know,what I do know is that Rompola has shot a ton of huge bucks before and since the buck in question. I find it amusing that Milo Hansen is so sue happy of anyone threating his record buck that was run down with a pickup.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
The buck may be real or fake I don't know,what I do know is that Rompola has shot a ton of huge bucks before and since the buck in question. I find it amusing that Milo Hansen is so sue happy of anyone threating his record buck that was run down with a pickup.
At least it was a real deer. He just wanted the guy to prove it since his record was in question because of Rompola's claims. It's pretty simple. If it really is the record, just let someone x-ray it. If not, then shut your mouth.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts