Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

321 - 340 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
COMPLETELY destroyed. Nothing left at all....curious to anyone that ever helped clean up a house fire site...
Or dealt with cremation.

What you receive back is the ground up remains of the bones that wouldn't burn, in a controlled environment meant to burn away as much bodily material as possible.

Yet these antlers (bones), managed to completely disintegrate and disappear in a common house fire? 🙄

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bondo melted off in the fire and it turned into a 160 that he got off the family’s high fence operation in Missouri. I happen to know the officer that has arrested him three times. “Rompo” as they call him spilled the beans about the deer to him in the back of the cop car. True story.

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,578 Posts
Why would a guy, with his reported experience in taxidermy and measuring racks, cut down the skull plate to just a tiny sliver (esp on a potential WR) and then encase it in bondo within a few days after the kill? Why would a guy who entered tons of other bucks into the record book balk at entering his biggest buck? Simple, the buck was as fake as heck

Attachments

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,578 Posts
Just another collection of have nots hating on the haves in this thread. As old as mankind itself.
Yep. Those of us that have integrity, and Mitch Rompola 🤣

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
MY OPINION......

Kill pics look weird with droopy ears
Rack lays out funny in my opinion
Supposed bondo on skull plate
Buck was un-characteristically larger than the other big bucks historically killed in this area
Not stepping up and proving nay sayers wrong with an X-ray or other method of verification
Had a some illegal welfare scam, not sure of details. So he would break rules for money.

Rampola had previously entered other bucks he killed into record books. He did interviews etc. So to say he was not looking ”atttention” with the bucks he killed.... would not be an accurate statement in my opinion, his previous history suggested otherwise. I think he seeked “attention/fame or money” from his supposed hunting prowless and big buck kills.

He kills a supposed world record...... gets asked to prove its legitimate. He refuses and all of the sudden wants no attention because he is just a good ol’ boy hunting for self satisfaction. If the deer is for his self satisfaction why claim it as a world record in the beginning. He should of just killed it..... put the antlers or mount in his house and went about his normal business. He didn’t do this until he was asked to prove the buck is legitimate.

Until he steps up and proves the buck is a legitimate record. It is not real or altered in my opinion. I’m also not sure some of his other bucks might not be altered Judging from pics.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
MY OPINION......

Buck was un-characteristically larger than the other big bucks historically killed in this area
Not stepping up and proving nay sayers wrong with an X-ray or other method of verification
Had a some illegal welfare scam, not sure of details. So he would break rules for money.

Rampola had previously entered other bucks he killed into record books. He did interviews etc. So to say he was not looking ”atttention” with the bucks he killed.... would not be an accurate statement in my opinion, his previous history suggested otherwise. I think he seeked “attention/fame or money” from his supposed hunting prowless and big buck kills.

He kills a supposed world record...... gets asked to prove its legitimate. He refuses and all of the sudden wants no attention because he is just a good ol’ boy hunting for self satisfaction. If the deer is for his self satisfaction why claim it as a world record in the beginning. He should of just killed it..... put the antlers or mount in his house and went about his normal business. He didn’t do this until he was asked to prove the buck is legitimate.

Until he steps up and proves the buck is a legitimate record. It is not real or altered in my opinion. I’m also not sure some of his other bucks might not be altered Judging from pics.
Couldn't have said it better.

Reactions: Pyme

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
MY OPINION......

That's a pretty thorough wrap-up right there.

·
Registered
456 Posts
MY OPINION......

Nope, too much logic. We are all just jealous haters!

But seriously, you wrapped up how I feel about it perfectly. And I'll say it again, I believed it at first and wanted to really badly, but if you truly look at it logically there's no way to not at least have serious doubts.

·
Registered
41,303 Posts
MY OPINION......

Spot on. That bit about him breaking rules...add to that getting fired from the USPS for mail fraud, a criminal conviction for videoing up women’s and girls dresses...he’s a criminal. while it doesn’t mean he didn’t kill a big deer, it proves he would lie about killing a big deer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
MY OPINION......

Legitimate thoughts.

As for the ears there are plenty of bucks that have droopy ears after being shot.

Did you happen to listen to the podcast?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Droopy ears certainly don’t mean foul play. However a drastically misplaced earbutt certainly does IMO.
I’ve done taxidermy work for 15 years and have handled literally hundreds of deer.
The top of a deers earbutt protrudes from the head of the deer basically right at the base of the antler.
Even in pictures of drooping ears the location of which the ear protrudes from the deer head does not change.
I attached a picture of a deer that clearly has broken ear cartilage causing it to droop drastically. However the point of protrusion is still right at the base of the antler.
On the Rompola buck it is correct on the deer‘s left ear but on the deer‘s right ear it is protruding approximately 3 inches below the deers antler base. This means that it would be protruding from the deers neck, not his head and certainly nowhere near his ear canal.
This to me raises serious concerns that the earbutt has been severed which would be necessary to remove the skull cap......
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smada962

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Droopy ears certainly don’t mean foul play. However a drastically misplaced earbutt certainly does IMO.
I’ve done taxidermy work for 15 years and have handled literally hundreds of deer.
The top of a deers earbutt protrudes from the head of the deer basically right at the base of the antler.
Even in pictures of drooping ears the location of which the ear protrudes from the deer head does not change.
I attached a picture of a deer that clearly has broken ear cartilage causing it to droop drastically. However the point of protrusion is still right at the base of the antler.
On the Rompola buck it is correct on the deer‘s left ear but on the deer‘s right ear it is protruding approximately 3 inches below the deers antler base. This means that it would be protruding from the deers neck, not his head and certainly nowhere near his ear canal.
This to me raises serious concerns that the earbutt has been severed which would be necessary to remove the skull cap......
View attachment 7415903
View attachment 7415904

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good observation And I see what you are talking about. The Rampola rack also come out of the skull and pretty much grew horizontal to the ground for several inches....no upward growth or swoop in the beams until a good 10” out of the skull. Awkward whitetail antler growth pattern.

321 - 340 of 422 Posts