Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so my coach and I have been discussing the best bow that I should drop all my hard earned pennies on for a while and we have narrowed it down to 2 bows, the MK X10 or the W&W Inno Max. I picked the MAX while my coach picked the X10. I'm torn between the two. Both come from Korea (right?) and both appear to be highly enjoyed by those who own one. I'm sorta gravitating to the MAX because of its design as well as pure carbon construction, however there is a possibility of getting a significant discount if I get the X10 because our club has some kind of deal with MK Korea so my coach says. I don't know how much cheaper it would be but at retail the MK is almost $100 more than what I can get a MAX for if I order through my club. Have no idea, both look great, specs are no concern, I'm sure they both shoot like a dream. What do y'all think?

·
Pronounced like 'RC Cola'
1,305 Posts
My vote is for the MKX10 simply because I like the way it looks over the Inno MAX. Gotta pick a riser you love to look at, cause youre gonna be stuck with it for a while! Main reason why I picked the HPX haha.

·
Desert Island Trading Co.
4,770 Posts
Both are great risers. I prefer the MK X10 risers.

I would listen to your coach.

Chris

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I like the look of the MAX. Reminds me of a formula race car I saw one time. The X10 is also cool but it's more expensive... unless my coach can get it cheaper.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi all, so my coach and I have been discussing the best bow that I should drop all my hard earned pennies on for a while and we have narrowed it down to 2 bows, the MK X10 or the W&W Inno Max. I picked the MAX while my coach picked the X10. I'm torn between the two. Both come from Korea (right?) and both appear to be highly enjoyed by those who own one. I'm sorta gravitating to the MAX because of its design as well as pure carbon construction, however there is a possibility of getting a significant discount if I get the X10 because our club has some kind of deal with MK Korea so my coach says. I don't know how much cheaper it would be but at retail the MK is almost $100 more than what I can get a MAX for if I order through my club. Have no idea, both look great, specs are no concern, I'm sure they both shoot like a dream. What do y'all think?
I thought you said you had already ordered the MAX from the 'Show off your bow' thread?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you said you had already ordered the MAX from the 'Show off your bow' thread?
No I was just planning on it at the time. But I was so confident that I wanted it that I just said I did. Obviously not anymore haha. Decisions decisions

·
GIS guy
1,722 Posts
Sounds like to me you pretty much had your mind made up prior to posting. Having some difficulty committing to the outlay of cash? I can certainly understand that. I'm with Chris on this one though - listen to your coach.

-Kent W.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a 25" max that I use for bare bow. Can't find any faults with it. Plus carbon black looks awesome :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like to me you pretty much had your mind made up prior to posting. Having some difficulty committing to the outlay of cash? I can certainly understand that. I'm with Chris on this one though - listen to your coach.

-Kent W.
No I was for sure I wanted a MAX a couple weeks ago but then my coach said "Hey have you seen those MK X10's?" I'm only posting because my coach showed me another option.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you can't go wrong with neither of those so i'd say go for the one that you like. if you like the looks of the max then go for it. either way you'd get a quality riser

fyi i too have a max. i had the choice between w&w and hoyt but i've heard and witnessed some really good things about the w&w aftersales services hence my decision to go that route. in my case the looks were secondary. fortunately the max is far from ugly :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts