Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do y'all have an out-of-state license I could buy, or do I need to be drawn for a whitetail hunt? It looks like I'll be heading that way in late Oct. I'd like to get in on some deer hunting without a high price tag if possible. Any helpful info would be great!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
archery

archery tags can be purchased over the counter $135... you can buy bonus doe tags (intensive harvest) for around $70

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Greg,

Up here in Minnesota, they instituted the good old "reciprocity" rule for archery deer tags. So whatever your home state would charge a Minnesota person to hunt whitetail in your state, that's what we will charge you. This is only for archery whitetail tags at this point in time. An out of state rifle tag is 136.00 for whitetail. There was a little dispute between MN and WI a few years back that got this all started.

The archery tags are over the counter and are good state wide. Where at in MN are you heading too?

Here's a link to the MN DNR site.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html (select "hunting" and then "licenses").

If I can be of any further help, let me know.

John

gmherps said:
Do y'all have an out-of-state license I could buy, or do I need to be drawn for a whitetail hunt? It looks like I'll be heading that way in late Oct. I'd like to get in on some deer hunting without a high price tag if possible. Any helpful info would be great!!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
XTEC,

They just started the whole reciprocity issue with Archery only, I believe last year so it's new. They did it in response to WI raising their non-resident Archery tags at the last minute before season started 2 years ago. The only reason I know about it was because my brother came from California to bow-hunt last fall. His tags cost him almost 300.00. :mg: The guy beind the coutner, just went, "Oh Wow", I need to check and see if this is correct. Unfortunately, CA has some of the highest out of state deer tags around.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Reciprosity doesn't really help the situation of hunting just completely turning into a big money biz and eventually it seems only the rich will be able to hunt....but I have to say kudos to MN for it. Every other state is cashing in on their resources. Now it seems we can cash in on theirs too. ha, ha

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
gmherps said:

What bowhntrmn says is correct. Reciprocity started 2 years ago, I didn't like it at first cuz it cost me $215 to go "back home" and archery hunt, $136 to rifle hunt. After thinking about it, it seems fair, if that's what "my" state charges for someone to come to ND to bow hunt, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. :)

What part of MN you gonna be huntin' in?
Yeh, ya bethca! :embara:

Lien2

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bowhuntermn said:
Greg,

Up here in Minnesota, they instituted the good old "reciprocity" rule for archery deer tags. So whatever your home state would charge a Minnesota person to hunt whitetail in your state, that's what we will charge you. This is only for archery whitetail tags at this point in time. An out of state rifle tag is 136.00 for whitetail. There was a little dispute between MN and WI a few years back that got this all started.

The archery tags are over the counter and are good state wide. Where at in MN are you heading too?

Here's a link to the MN DNR site.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html (select "hunting" and then "licenses").

If I can be of any further help, let me know.

John
I'll be in the St. Paul area.

Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
gmherps said:
Just remember to buy it over the phone through the DNR 48 hours before you hunt. Once the season starts you have to wait 48 hours before you can hunt. This only applies to the first license and not the bonus doe tags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts