Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week of the bow season has come and gone so I'm wondering if you guys are seeing much? I've only been out twice and have seen two skunks, 5Sandhill Cranes and one nice buck lastnight that was 200 yards away and was coming my way but, it got to dark.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
only got out on the weekends. only saw two does. tons of squirrels, one ****, and a hen turkey. oh bunches of small game hunters aggggggrrrr.

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I've seen a total of thirty deer, for the five days I've been out. Now, to be fair, I know that seems like a lot of deer, but some of them have been repeats from the previous days deer. Four or five little 1.5 year old bucks. Biggest has only been a little six pointer, the rest were spikes or forks. They've been moving right at dusk though, very last light.

Yesterday sucked. I had to get out of the stand before five o'clock cuz I was so wet and thought my tree was gonna snap in half. Nice to finally get some cooler weather now.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your season boys. I'll keep crossing my fingers, and looking forward to some rut.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Yeah im seeing tons of does and fawns. And the person i took with one day say 2 small bucks. This is just great to see over population of does and fawns in a ONE deer area.
matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts