Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in Minnesota is seeing a rubs or scrapes. Have spent a little time in the woods lately hunting and bagged a doe last night. So this weekend I am going for a long walk to look for buck activity. My stand that saw alot of buck activity last year during the rut is calling my name (trying to hold off not to presure the area) but want to find another location for a second stand. Is it too early?

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
I have over a dozen cams out right now and buck movement has been slow. I have not seen any scrapes or rubs yet. Weather is cooling off this week, I would think they are going to start getting active really soon:wink:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have had 3 bucks under my stand so far out hunting since season opened. One 2.5 year old and two 1.5 year olds. There are rubs all over the place if your hunting near any bucks bedding areas. Have not seen any scrapes yet though.

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
Not much yet

I went out loat weekend and put on about 9 miles walking and looking for buck sign. I did find a couple rubs but no scrapes yet. I guess I keep thinking it is later in the year then it is. We are still in September. It should start to pick up pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have found rubs but no scrapes yet. Found a nice sapling about the size of my 2 fingers put together snapped in half. Takes a pretty good set of tines to do that. I haven't been getting very many buck pictures either on my cams and I haven't seen a buck yet either while hunting. Had a bunch of does and fawns around my stand 2 nights ago but other than that it's been pretty slow. Hoping things start to pick up here soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts