Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone shoot on sunday ,,I shot on sat. but I m not a diehard so I didn t shoot in the rain on sunday,,

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I was there

It was pretty muddy and windy. I rained pretty hard all day. Pretty good shoot all in all. There were only a few targets over 35 yards. I nearly passed through some of the 12 rings with my 60lb/fat arrow set up on both Mackinzie's and Rinehart's that were pretty shot up. I have never been to a shoot where the club members can park up close and everyone else has to park half a mile away :thumbs_do Not real inviting if you know what I mean. The state organizers had nothing to do with that I learned.

My understanding was that the course was left identically the same from the club shoot Saturday so the guys that shot it both days had quite an advantage IMO. They let people shoot alone for score also :confused: Also several people were allowed to turn in cards after the posted 3pm deadline.

The top 5 scores in mens bowhunter freestyle release (pin class) were:

A.T. member 689 won the event out-scoring the open class shooters as well.

The top woman shooter turned in a 415. Not sure what the other classes scores were.

I enjoyed the shoot, but there is definitely room for improvement on some issues by both the host club and the state organization. I'm glad I went, but not so sure I'll go back next year if there is anywhere else to shoot.

By the way, don't take this as a complaint, I'm just reporting my observations. :)

·
I shoot Hoyts too !
2,878 Posts
Next Year

I agree with you 100% , lots of bugs need to be worked out between MBH and the host club !! Nice seeing you all again and I hope you take plenty of pics of the big Bulls you shoot in a couple of weeks !! :teeth:

Rangerunner you tellin me you shot sat . and didnt get wet ? I played golf , well I tried to play golf, over at Salisbury sat. and got soaked !! :mg:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hum

Hey Fingers.........I didn't know you played the Gentlemans Game :eek: ........You Webb and I need to get together :wink:.have a few :beer: .......and play for some $$$$$$$$$ :D

Hope everyone had fun at the MBH shoot!!

·
let'em fly
377 Posts
rain drops kept falling

Hi all , me and my brother both shot on sunday along with our sons it was ok at first but it got pretty bad at the end , 9 year old boys get cold after 4 hrs in the rain but other than that it was ok . I also heard the local club was upset with the MBH , don't really know any details just heard a couple of members bickering . :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huntelk,,yes there was lots to observe,,for all that I ve heard about the
shoot,,it was talked up ,,but it needs a lot of work and rethinking,,and to also
host a state shoot,,well I hope someone will sit and rethink alot of things,
it was ok,,but to many out in the open shots,
also they only counted 10 s no 12 s on sat,,,sounded like they counted 12 s on sunday,,that was the only thing differant,,

4x24BOB,,,,we got there around 9 cloudy rained on us going down,,shot with..Jon & Luke Robinson from Brookfield,,,got done around 2, went to motel
& around 2;30 it cut loose,,,Luke was the one that won the BRS shoot,,
man wish we kept track of 12 s that young man can shoot,,,I think he only had 3 ,,8 s alll day ,,joking him I told him when he grows up he was going to be a good shot,,LOL,,,

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather on Sunday, it was nasty to say the least. As far as some of the suggestions/observations thanks for that as well, I will take them to the MBH Board of Rep meeting myself.

1. To the parking comment, yes we allow our members and the cub scouts that provide our concessions to park down by the score shack, and the reason for this is we lease the land we hold our shoots on and were growing tired of people getting stuck and tearing up the property (the farmer also cuts it for hay). The parking lot for the non members is on a hill and has a gravel road up to it, with very limited danger of getting stuck.

2. As to the range being set up the same as the shoot on Sat. well about 30 out of 40 stakes were moved and several of the targets were relocated. Weather permitting we would have liked to have done more but as I said prior it was nasty.

3. About blowing through targets, I also shot through a few, and all I can tell you is we really tried to set out GOOD targets, most of the targets that you shot had less than 200 shots on them and SEVERAL were brand new. We discovered that oversized points in carbon arrows/290+FPS and the fact that the targets were soaking wet led to the untimley demise of several targets.

Not sure if this answered any of the questions/observations, I agree that the MBH state shoot could be handled better and my only suggestion/observation is to get more 3D shooters to join and be active in MBH so we have more of a say. 3D clubs need good active members to remain active and thrive, with no club members the sport will have no choice but to dry up and die. THANKS again for those who shot, and please come back and shoot with us on a nice day.

·
I shoot Hoyts too !
2,878 Posts
Mobuck what I do on the golf course can not be called GOLF !!! :thumbs_do
If we played for money , it would not be my money !! :eek:

Vandollr one thing that needs to happen is to be clear on what stake we are to shoot from . Cover up the board you use for your regular shoots and put up one for the state shoot !! Some how let people know what the classes are and that it is different from IBO !

I did like how you changed the range , very nice ! Weather even though it was wet it was cool , nice to shoot in !! :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
A.T. member 689 won the event out-scoring the open class shooters as well.

689 IS A *****

·
Registered
101 Posts
standing O

I will keep my comments towards 689 to myself until I see him at the next shoot. So what I can say here is you shot your butt off buddy and congratulations.

·
Registered
304 Posts
57, 689, N'shante.................

Wow! You guys are pretty hard core. Just wait till all of ya get beat this winter by an ol' finger dog gone to the hook. That would be amazing, huh? OOPS, I meant NSHANT.
The RATBOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts