Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Waiting on a shooter
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, so I have always wanted to get a good mobile set up. I have fallen into the pattern of "sticking" to my stand locations except for an occasional move mid-season. This past season I was after a specific buck and almost closed the deal on him, but he got away. To get more mobile last season I purchased some Muddy sticks, which was by far the best investment I have made in years. So, I am looking at these two stands and these two only. So, I want to ask you guys with experience which one you would recommend and why. The Bloodsport has my interest because even at 12lbs (a couple heavier than the Gorilla) I love the rope cam system, but not sure how well it works with an actual stand. The Gorilla I am interested in because it has a great price point and is very light at 10.5lbs and still comes with the seat leveling system.

I have increased the acres I am able to hunt this year and like I said, want to get out of the rut of only hunting the 15 stand locations I have now. There are locations on the farm I would like to sit just even a day or two and be able to do that easier than hauling over a ladder stand or a bigger hang on.

So after a little of my background, which stand do you think long term is the best option? I know there are tons of stands for a mobile hunter and many of you Lone Wolf guys will recommend their stands, but really it is down to these two.

I like the price point and weight of the Gorilla, but truly want to know which one will be more "mobile" and will be easier to hang. The Muddy is obviously more expensive and slightly heavier, but $50-60 dollars is not an issue when I am trying to get into a stand quietly in the morning.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I haven't messed with the gorilla but the cam system on the bloodsport is so badass. I went from a lw alpha to the bloodsport and i couldn't be happier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts