Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never done it before can anyone give me any tips on them like where when and what you use I plan on putting trail cameras over them as well

·
Vendor
84,681 Posts
Be scent free as possible when making them. If you plan to hunt over them I would suggest to only apply scent to them before day light as you go into the set and when you go into the set for a afternoon hunt. I usually suggest to use a buck urine in the scrape to start with as you are wanting to tell other bucks that you are now claiming the area and this way you can get him tricked into checking the scrape during daylight hours. Most bucks only check them at night but by doing it the way I suggested you will get him to come into it during the time your able to kill him. I have a new line of Scents called Bone Assassins that will be available next week. We have a curiosity scent that will work very good for early and late season. i also have a scrape blend that will be the trick to draw him in to kill him. I have killed bucks over scrapes many of times by doing it the way I suggested . There are alot more tricks to learn about making scrapes but this is a basic way to lure him in. I hope it helps. And if you are interested in 100% deer urine send me a PM.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I start mine around September 20th. be sure they are on a good travel route and you have a good overhanging branch. As far as scent for it try your own pee. t works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts